THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I dont use them, but a buddy of mine wears safety glasses when cleaning or lightning his pits. Last year his eye was bothering him and he went to the eye doctor and he had a small charred sliver of wood that got into his eye and behind his eye lid.

No and yes

I have a pair of clear motorcycle glasses that I wear at night that are pretty much this exact thing.

I've put them on a time or two while messing with the fire, but I didn't really see the need, so I stopped after one cook. It helps when I opened the door and a gust blew out into my face, but ... meh.

I learned to wear eye protection after the first time using my wife's favorite BBQ sauce. "Scorned Woman BBQ Sauce - Hell Hath no Fury Like a Scorned Woman"
414AV8WRJ3L.jpg

Splashed some into my eyes. She thought it was funny, me with my head under the kitchen faucet.

I wear regular glasses and find that they pick up a film of grease and smoke when grilling a lot. I guess those goggles would keep that crap out of my eyes.

Those might go nicely with my Grillin' Helmet and Grillin' SCBA Tank. :thumb:

Might be handy if you're using Cowboy Brand lump charcoal, though. :laugh:

Nope I don't have a pair but they would be nice to keep the dust out of my eyes when I'm Bush Hawgin on a windy day

Back