MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #1
pattyp
Knows what a fatty is.

Default primo issues

Brethern I need help!
i opened the lid to my primo oval XL today and noticed the hing is out of adjustment. when i close hte lid it shifts to the right, and leavs a noticable gap between the lid and the base. I called/emailed primo but havent gotten anything back yet. Anyone out there had tis issue before, or smart on adjusting the hing for proper lid seating? any help would be great!

Old 12-24-2011, 01:53 PM   #2
Arlin_MacRae
somebody shut me the fark up.

I'm sorry, Patty, but I haven't had that trouble. I'd guess you'll have to loosen the screws on both sides of the hinge, though. There are a lot of bolts back there to mess with, too. :(

Arlin

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Home Brewer, Murderer of Squirrels, Armadillo Inspector
Flaming Pig Head Mod
Certified KCBS Master BBQ Judge
Arlin_MacRae is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2011, 02:23 PM   #3
Whitfield
Knows what a fatty is.

I had a similar issue and I had a broken bolt. I just replaced the bolt and made sure everything was snug. Haven't had any problems since.

Old 12-24-2011, 02:36 PM   #4
pattyp
Knows what a fatty is.

I looked at all the bolts and they seem good. Called primo and they aer looking into it. I am sure they will know what to do. In the mean time I plan on doing a prime rib and leg of lamb tomorrow. it will be tricky, but I think I am obsessed and cannot fathom dinner in the oven. Thanks for the thoughts merry Christmas all!

Old 12-24-2011, 04:17 PM   #5
Arlin_MacRae

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyp View Post
...I think I am obsessed and cannot fathom dinner in the oven.
It's terminal. There's no cure for it.

Primo Oval Junior, Traeger Model 075 Pellet Pooper, Big Chief, Kingfisher Kooker 14" gas/wood combo, PBC Brethren Edition, Pit Boss NASCAR Tailgater
Flaming Pig Head Mod

Old 12-24-2011, 04:25 PM   #6
PFSmith
Got Wood.

Patty - Please let us all know what Primo says about your problem. It does sound like some kind of tension imbalance - those bolts can still look tight and have a lot of room to be tightened further. I had the same problem with my Kamado Joe and after going through the cooker and tightening everything I could find that would tighten, the lid "straightened" out - sorry for the pun! Merry Christmas!

Pat

Old 12-25-2011, 11:17 AM   #7
pattyp
Knows what a fatty is.

I took Arlins advice and loosend all the bolts on the hing assembly. I set it in place and retightend to just snug. It appears that the problem is now corrected. (looks properly rigged with no binding or gap when opend/closed) Ill keep you posted on what primo suggests. I am sure there is a minimal torque for the bolts. thanks everyone for the help.
Merry christmas to all!

Old 12-27-2011, 09:50 PM   #8
pattyp
Knows what a fatty is.

Primo emails me this a.m. And asked for a phone #. I sent them the requested info, and in less than 1 hour I got a call from the warranty team lead. She suggested the same thing the brethren did. Loosen the bolts enter the lid and just snug the bolts up. I told her that I had done that and things seemed to be fixed. She wanted to send me anew set of bolts and hing assembly, but I told her no need. I have to say I was extremely I
Pressed with their response times and desire to make sure I was fully satisfied with the product. So all in all a happy ending.

Old 12-28-2011, 08:11 AM   #9
Arlin_MacRae

Glad it worked out!!

Flaming Pig Head Mod

Old 12-29-2011, 04:23 PM   #10
Greywolf36
Got rid of the matchlight.

Their customer support is usually very good, glad to hear all is well
Greywolf36 is offline   Reply With Quote