Sam's Club Orlando and Irene

Rub

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Could be a wet, windy one. :rain::rockon:

204412W5_NL_sm.gif

Wonder if they are working on a back up plan. I can understand cooking in any weather but not that kind of weather.

Not going to be any fun for sure. Doubt it gets postponed. Good luck and stay safe to everyone competing. We will be just up the road at Amelia Island and worried ourselves :sad:

We had the annual FBA Funcook cancelled one year because of a hurricane. The Grant contest on the FL east coast was also cancelled because of flooding and damage from the same one I believe. I cooked in one in Callahan FL with a tropical storm going by. Bands of wind and rain that lasted for 30 minutes, with an hour or two between them. An uncomfortable inconvenience but that was about it.

Not going to be any fun for sure. Doubt it gets postponed. Good luck and stay safe to everyone competing. We will be just up the road at Amelia Island and worried ourselves :sad:

We'll be at Amelia Island too. I wonder what the plans are for the event.

Couple of years ago, we cooked Pickin in the Panhandle (WV) during TS Hanna. Thankfully I had the high ground, and a nice moat around the site.

Be careful this weekend, those things are not something to fool around with.

We'll be at Amelia Island too. I wonder what the plans are for the event.

Thinking I'll call tomorrow to see if they have any back up. My current plan is to arrive Thursday early evening. Might alter to try and arrive earlier. Praying the path runs out to the Atlantic or it falls off to just a storm...

They could move the Sam's to another store in the south. I'm sure it will upset folks but probably the right move if the path stays the same...

They can't move to another location. No time for permits and setup. As I was told by ron. They will make decision tomm. All teams should have received email from kcbs.

Started a thread for Amelia Island so folks don't get confused as the week progresses...stay SAFE everyone!

Is it my imagination or has the storm track in the first post changed since this morning? I could have sworn that the center of the cone was directly over central Florida. Now it shows more towards the atlantic side.

You are correct Ron. This is as of 1:35 today. Hoping it keeps turning out to the Atlantic.

map_tropprjpath09_ltst_5nhato_enus_600x405.jpg

They Keep moving up the coast. When I left the house this morning it was south Florida. When I got up here to Richmond this afternoon it was southern S.C. Now it is about Wilmington, NC. I keep home it keeps moving till it is out to sea.

I can assure you if a full blown hurricane is gonna make landfall within 50 miles of the comp site the local authorities will shut it down...period...especially in Disney World...:becky: Been through enough of them in my day to know when to come in out of the rain...play it safe folks! :thumb:

Ron, the pic in my post updates twice a day.
You're not going crazy, at least in this regard :loco:

LOL was just comparing the current to what I posted and thought I was messed up :laugh: Pretty cool that it updates.

Back