New Man on the Block

Status
Not open for further replies.

sirthames

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello all, Iam glad to be here. My name is Thomas. I live in NC and work at the Univ of North Carolina, Chapel Hill (Tarheels). I don't own a Bandera at the moment but I am working on it. I love to cook and look forward to getting to know some of you and learn some things about smoking.

Welcome board Thomas. Enjoy what you learn and share what you know, it's the Brethren way. Owning a Bandera is not a requirement, the main thing is you love to cook and want to learn and share.

Howdy! Bandera (or clone) ownership is not a requirement to mix and mingle with this bunch -- just que!! :D

Thomas, Don't worry about being able to make great Q, these guys will have you turning out great eats in no time! This site is the best accessory your smoker will ever have. Welcome Brother!

Welcome aboard Thomas. Hey, this guy stole my name! Nah, kidding...seriously...you will love this community. Even if you don't have a smoker yet and are just playing around on a weber grill or whatever you may have lying around.

Welcome Thomas

Follow my advice in that PM, and you'll have a Bandera in 2 months.

And don't hesitate to ask questions. Plenty of great advice in the archives, but if you need any help finding info or searching through the pile, juust holler.

Again, Welcome!

Welcome Thomas. You found a great place for information and fellowship.

Welcome Thomas: I won't hold it against you if you buy a Bandera!! Just kidding! Hope you enjoy the show! :wink:

Welcome Thomas. Buy what you can afford and we will help you make great Q. BTW, a vertical smoker like the Bandera gives you lots of room for food. We have several guys with horizontals and they love 'em too, but just can't pack 'em as full. And then there are the lucky farkers like Phil and Greg that have Klose Backyard Chefs (BYC) that are both. They are also made out of old shremann tank armor (just kidding) and hold temps. like a champ.

Well, just north of me, from the “other” Carolina.
Just kidding, welcome Brother!!

BigdogSmoker said:
Welcome Thomas. Buy what you can afford and we will help you make great Q. BTW, a vertical smoker like the Bandera gives you lots of room for food. We have several guys with horizontals and they love 'em too, but just can't pack 'em as full. And then there are the lucky farkers like Phil and Greg that have Klose Backyard Chefs (BYC) that are both. They are also made out of old shremann tank armor (just kidding) and hold temps. like a champ.

man I would love to have one of those Klose smokers. Those things are nice. I have a vertical but it's not the Bandera, still gets the job done. Thanks for the welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back