Hungry in Wichita KS? Best BBQ Restraunt

Balls Casten

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Starting a long work project in ElDorado Ks and will be staying in Wichita for awhile. So I'm looking for BBQ restaurants, I have driven by 2 Brothers BBQ .. whats your favorite in town?

Starting a long work project in ElDorado Ks and will be staying in Wichita for awhile. So I'm looking for BBQ restaurants, I have driven by 2 Brothers BBQ .. whats your favorite in town?

On your way back to Iowa..if you are taking I-35, I would suggest stopping off in Emporia and hittin' Bobby-D's Merchant Street BBQ (607 Merchant Street).
Then when you get to KC...go and find Arthur Bryant's down at 1727 Brooklyn Ave, KC, MO...

And if you get hungry between Emporia and KC (2 hour trip)...stop off at Guy & Mae's Tavern in Williamsburg, KS... Some say the best ribs around:mrgreen:

As far as 'Q in Wichita... I've never eaten any there, so I can't give you any recommendations.

Hog Wild in Whichta is VERY tasty...Rock road off Kellogg

R&S was always my favorite, but I understand that it closed down, then someone bought the name and recipes and has since reopened.

Two Brothers Barbecue was always highly recommended to me by the locals I dealt with there.

Chris

I haven't been on here much in a while, so I missed this post until just now.
If you're still here, try Hog Wild BBQ (try their potato skins, if you can). The closest one to the East end (nearest El Dorado) is located on Woodlawn, just North of K-96.
Also, another good 'que joint is B & C Creations at 355 N. Washington.

Sorry, just saw this. Two Brothers sucks. The best in town is on south Seneca and is called Julius' Rib Cage. I like the ribs and hot links. Ask for Mike, the owner, and get what is fresh.

Cab had some good suggestions too. I've also heard that Bite Me and Bare Naked BBQ is good too.

How long you going to be in town. PM me if you want to get together.

Sorry, just saw this. Two Brothers sucks. The best in town is on south Seneca and is called Julius' Rib Cage. I like the ribs and hot links. Ask for Mike, the owner, and get what is fresh.

Cab had some good suggestions too. I've also heard that Bite Me and Bare Naked BBQ is good too.

How long you going to be in town. PM me if you want to get together.
Julius' Ribcage...absolutely! Awesome food, make sure you try their hot links.:wink:

Thanks guys was just heading back down to the WT and remembered I had posted this.

Thx for the input on BBQ, I'll have time try them all.

Would love to get together with you guys. I am over seeing a building project that will be about a year to complete. So I'll have plenty of free time, I prfer Crown & Cokes. :)

Thanks guys was just heading back down to the WT and remembered I had posted this.

Thx for the input on BBQ, I'll have time try them all.

Would love to get together with you guys. I am over seeing a building project that will be about a year to complete. So I'll have plenty of free time, I prfer Crown & Cokes. :)

Sounds like there is plenty of time then. :icon_cool

PM sent

Bigdog, we eat at Julius Rib Cage quite a bit, good food. Probably seen each other in there before. I don't live very far from the restaurant.

Bigdog took Andy and I to Julius Rib a couple years ago. Really good, BBQ. Pig In, Pig Out is a really good BBQ team from Wichita that also have a restaurant in town. Never eaten there, but I've had their comp food. Fantastic.

I ate at Pig In Pig Out many years ago, it used to be on Hydraulic just north of Mt. Vernon, excellent food. Then the original owner died, and I thought they went out of business, but I looked them up in the phonebook, they moved over on east 13th. I will have to go there and try out the food. If it is as good as it used to be, it will be a real treat!

I ate at Pig In Pig Out many years ago, it used to be on Hydraulic just north of Mt. Vernon, excellent food. Then the original owner died, and I thought they went out of business, but I looked them up in the phonebook, they moved over on east 13th. I will have to go there and try out the food. If it is as good as it used to be, it will be a real treat!

They won 1st in Ribs at the American Royal Invitational. Great cooks and great people.

Back