Cherry Peach Cobbler on the Grill

JMSetzler

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This is a really simple dessert that I have been making for a long time, so I decided to toss it on the grill today for dinner this evening with the family.

20110821_Dessert_0491.JPG

What you need:

Cherry and Peach pie filling, butter, sugar, cinnamon, and some canned biscuits...

20110821_Dessert_0492.JPG

Mix some cinnamon into the sugar...

20110821_Dessert_0493.JPG

Melt some butter...

20110821_Dessert_0494.JPG

Dump your pie filling into a baking dish and mix it up. I used one of my cast iron dishes today for cooking on the grill...

20110821_Dessert_0495.JPG

Dip the top of your biscuits in the melted butter and then in the cinnamon/sugar mixture and place them sugar side up on top of the pie filling...

20110821_Dessert_0496.JPG

Prepare your grill for some indirect cooking... Yes, I use the foil pans over and over again... They may get dirty but they get the job done :)

I let my kettle come up to about 275 degrees...

20110821_Dessert_0497.JPG

I tossed the dish on the kettle and put the lid on... I watched the temp and let it come on up to between 300 and 325 degrees.... I think it might have gotten as hot as 340 at one point, but after 45 mins to one hour, here is the result...

20110821_Dessert_0498.JPG

Let it stay on the grill until the pie filling starts bubbling in the middle of the dish.

This is a really simple 'cobbler' of sorts but its darned tasty and very easy to make...

Thanks...looks good...bookmarked this one.

That looks totally doable. Do you get a good fire flavor hint?

Absolutely. I did NOT put any smoking wood on the charcoal. It still has a nice fired flavor. In fact, it was enough of one that my girlfriend didn't like the biscuit part of it. That seems to be where most of that gets absorbed. Personally, I thought it was fanfarkintastic :)

Mmmm. This looks and sounds real good. Might try it out. A local amateur comp I might enter has a dessert category as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Oh yummy sir. That does look amazing. I have fresh peaches available, I bet the cherry/peach mix was awesome. Maybe a hint of vanilla. MMMmmmmmm........ Thanks for sharing your russupee. :clap2:

Thanks so much JM. Reminds me of my Boy Scout days.

Back