MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Road Trips

Notices

Brethren Road Trips The travel logs of our members. Q- joints, restaurants, entertainment, reviews while we travel around the 50 states. Also, Post here for a shout out to members to meet up with while on the road.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:37 PM   #1
Twelvegaugepump
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Kevin
Default BBQ in Dallas

I will be at a convention in Dallas in October. Any suggestions on BBQ joints in the area? Preferably near the convention center since I won't have a car. Thanks!
Twelvegaugepump is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #2
HeSmellsLikeSmoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Two that I want to try soon are Pecan Lodge and Lockhart Smokehouse BBQ. The both are getting good press and reviews. Hope some Dallas Brethren can confirm.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Red Thermapen, Maverick ET-732, EdgePro Apex Sharpener.

Avatar is the original 1951 Weber Kettle
HeSmellsLikeSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:16 PM   #3
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Avoid Sonny Bryan's like your life depended on it. I was in a similar situation about 3 years ago and found a place on just walking up one of the main streets about 4-5 blocks. I remember it had a lot of galvanized furnishing. It was much better than Sonny Bryan's.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 09:18 PM   #4
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gore View Post
Avoid Sonny Bryan's like your life depended on it. I was in a similar situation about 3 years ago and found a place on just walking up one of the main streets about 4-5 blocks. I remember it had a lot of galvanized furnishing. It was much better than Sonny Bryan's.
Sonny's was good 35 years ago when I lived in Dallas. I sure hate to hear how they have totally lost their mojo.

Large and Medium Big Green Eggs , Black 18.5" WSM, Blue Weber Performer - Stainless, Green Weber OTG Kettle , Brinkmann SnP Pro, and a Stainless UDS. One retired Portable Kitchen grill.

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-04-2013, 02:41 AM   #5
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Missed this thread before. When is your trip? Lots of good places to try, but only Pecan Lodge is really downtown (and not sure if you have time for the wait in line). Shoot me a PM if you want to chat offline about your options. Depending on when it is, I may be able to assist with travel.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 06:44 AM   #6
HeSmellsLikeSmoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by sliding_billy View Post
Missed this thread before. When is your trip? Lots of good places to try, but only Pecan Lodge is really downtown (and not sure if you have time for the wait in line). Shoot me a PM if you want to chat offline about your options. Depending on when it is, I may be able to assist with travel.
Please share your knowledge here. Dallas has a pretty lackluster reputation for BBQ these days.

Old 10-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #7
sliding_billy

Name/Nickname : )

Will do. Need more time for a proper post.
sliding_billy is offline   Reply With Quote