Contest Announcment North American, Great Northern BBQ Freaks of Chili Cook-Off

Divemaster

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Billy (FatBoyz) has asked me to put this out so that no one thinks it’s a joke... To be honest, it’s anything but.

North American, Great Northern BBQ Freaks of Chili Cook-Off
A Peoples Choice Event
July 12, 2008
Waukesha, Wisconsin

This is a benefit chili contest for the Children’s Hospital of Milwaukee. I want to say this up front; there are is no prize money for this event. All money raised goes directly to the hospital. There are going to be trophies, and if I know Billy, they are going to be out of this world! The other thing I want to emphasize is that this is a FAMILY FRENDY EVENT!

This thing has taken on a life of its own. So many people have called him just to say ‘What can I do?’ including some of our own brothers and sisters. Here is a taste:

• Jay (jpw23) is having his Jam Fest the same day. He has announced that all profits from his event are being donated to the hospital.
  • One of the local TV stations is going to be here to cover the event. They are working with the station by Jay to see if they can do a simulcast of both events in hopes that is picked up nationally.
  • Local Bands are signing up to play here during the day.
  • A local beer distributor is working on discounting (and possibly donating) beer that can be sold to raise additional funds.
  • A charter bus service is working on letting us use one of their busses for transportation to bring some of the kids from the hospital to the event.
  • A local classic car club is talking about bringing out as Billy described it “some of their most coolest cars” for every one to see.
  • One of the local Country Music stations is talking about covering the event.
  • We are working with one of the local hotels to get discounted (and maybe even donated) rooms for the competitors.

The way this is going this list is going to grow. So how about it, ‘ya, wana come out and play for the day’?

OK, I admit that I’m a soft touch for sick kids. I also know that for some of you this may be to great a distance to travel. I of all people know that the cost of gas is going through the roof (the most expensive gas in the country is in Chicago). Do you think that this is going to stop us from asking you to host your own event for the Children’s Hospital? Wouldn’t it be great if we could get this going across the country?

Billy want's to keep putting on all these great get togethers, tell him to move his arse a lil south!! :twisted:
Sounds like a great event for a good cause, Kudo's brother!

I hope that whatever money we raise helps out......also, I'm proud to announce that most of the folks that will be at Jamfest are very excited about being part of this.

I'll get our local Fox News info to Billy this weekend:biggrin:

Very thoughtfull of you Jay and Billy.

Wanna see Dive and me get shaved like sheep? Possibly see Dive get waxed front and back? It was Billy's idea. All details to follow. Come on out and participate!!!!

Hey KC area brothers, wanna have a satelite event to coincide/complement Billy's? I spoke to Billy today, told him that I couldn't make a trip to WI this summer (3 kids, little money, etc.) Billy suggested doing an event down here on the same day.

I'm all for it. Let me say up front that I'm not really qualified to organize/spearhead this thing, but I'll put in a significant amount of time and effort to help make it happen. I'll help look for sponsors, help find a site, help find entertainment, whatever.

My chili sucks arse, but my wife's is really good, so I could enter that and attempt to take any credit due.

What do you say, KC Brethren?

Wanna see Dive and me get shaved like sheep? Possibly see Dive get waxed front and back? It was Billy's idea. All details to follow. Come on out and participate!!!!
HEY!!!!! It's not just me Shane.... you complete me!

I didn't want to post anything before I got it finalized, but it tentatively looks like I can make this happening. What do I need to do to make it official?

I'm still workin' on details on my end.....hope to have a podcast of the event and a webcam up so you guys can look in on us. On saturday afternoon we will be raffling off several items(this usually done to re-coup costs for the event) all parties involved are excited and eager to donate their part the Fatboyz event.

All of the jamfesters themselves have gotten on board with this too and many of them have pretty deep pockets. So....I have no idea how much we will raise but, it all goes to the Childrens Hospital.

Bump!!

Listen, Folks!!

This is a simple event to raise money for terminally ill kids..... nuff said.

Even if you aren't the competition type, this may be a fun and worthwhile event for you. You're doing something for the better good, and you will get to meet some fellow Brothers while you're at it.
Billy even went so far as to get Wyatt a sponsorship for the event. How cool is that!!:eusa_clap

What do we need to bring to the event if we want to compete? I may be able to make a trip up there if I don't have to carry to much stuff. I plan on riding my Honda up if I can make it.

What do we need to bring to the event if we want to compete? I may be able to make a trip up there if I don't have to carry to much stuff. I plan on riding my Honda up if I can make it.
I'm sure accomodations can be made, Brian. I will be rolling through your area on July11 in the wife's mnivan if you are interested in carpooling, or if you need to get some stuff up to the area.
PM Fatboyz and I'm sure he can hook you up.
Thanks for showing interest.

all you need to do to come is call me and your in i am working on a hotel to comp rooms or give me a big discount if you cant afored to come and pay the hotel i will pay the hotel for you i just want you to come. what we have going on is very cool but you will cry laugh and fart "i have realy bad chili farts bad" i dont know where this will go but i know it will be a hell of a ride.this was going to be a small time thing but it has grown. please come and join in Tonto is coming shane, dive, jpw is comming is his oun way 71 is comming in his oun way, i hope more of you come i dont just want Wi teams i want you folks.anyway im here if you want to come i will do what i can to help you get here hell if i have to send you gas money i will i want thes kids to have a day thay will remember for as long as there life may last for some of them not long. thanks for listening to my rant

Sounds like a great time, Billy, and a great cause. We're committed to be at the Shannon, IL competition that weekend so we'll miss out on the fun.

Back