some baby back rib ?'s for ya

smokingnorth422

Reaction score
Happy Memorial Day. I have one rack of baby back ribs I got form the butcher yesteray, I should of gotten 2. Anyway, I have my dry rub. I would like to know how much of the dry rub should i rub into the rack of ribs? And how long should I smoke that one rack of ribs? I am using cherry wood chips. Also, I hear the top vent should be open all the way the whole time and the bottom half open to reach 225. I have not had the time to look for these questions on the forums, and I am not able to search apparently. Work is kickin my toosh. I appreciate your taking the time to help me out. Done with indirect on a 18.5" weber kettle (black) Got some nice 16 oz rib eyes for the wife and I also. They look amazing. Ill post pics!

Happy Memorial Day. I have one rack of baby back ribs I got form the butcher yesteray, I should of gotten 2. Anyway, I have my dry rub. I would like to know how much of the dry rub should i rub into the rack of ribs? And how long should I smoke that one rack of ribs? I am using cherry wood chips. Also, I hear the top vent should be open all the way the whole time and the bottom half open to reach 225. I have not had the time to look for these questions on the forums, and I am not able to search apparently. Work is kickin my toosh. I appreciate your taking the time to help me out. Done with indirect on a 18.5" weber kettle (black) Got some nice 16 oz rib eyes for the wife and I also. They look amazing. Ill post pics!

Rub : All sepends on it's ingredient composition... Too much salt.. no good.. Too much sugar no good..., too much spice/heat... no good Without knowing what you've got, be conservative.. you can always add some more rub after the cook, but you can't take it off.

Temps: Depends on what type of charcoal (natural lump or Kingsford briquet) and how much you plan to load in.

You'll get it...

make sure you cook those ribeye's hotter than 225 !!!!

here are some pics. i just rubbed the rack of ribs and am going to start my grill now. if your in the area, i got these at a local buther shop in orland park near the mall on 151st. i dont want to say the name of the shop because i dont want to break any rules or anything like that. but you can find it near the mall. i was thinking of smokin this for 2-3 hours until the ribs start to show back a 1/4 inch, am i correct? or until they break sorts with my weber tongs? did i do a good job of rubbin them? or should i put more on? i saved some rub for later to sprinkle on maybe.

Attachments

• DSCF0078.JPG
    DSCF0078.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0080.jpg
    DSCF0080.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 55
  • DSCF0081.jpg
    DSCF0081.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 54
rub qty looks fine...

cook babybacks until they are just about ready to break or a bit earlier if you like a little bite.. 2 hrs @ 225 won't cut it.. more likely closer to 4 if you're really at 225.

The rub amounts looks good. If you are looking to shorten the cook time, you could crank it up in the 275 range.

Back