Smokin First Brisket Today

RaspyMike

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Smokin my first brisket today. First post too. New to BBQ scene. Wish me luck.

You don't need luck, you have the brethren.

Wow you've been here over a year and this is your firsty.

Yeah, you know, didn't want to rush in too fast. Keepin it low and slow.

mhyf00.gif

I undercooked by first brisket. I insisted that my wife made an error in slicing it with the grain. I cut across the grain, as she apparently did previously, and it was just as tough as what she cut. Moral of the story is don't pull it early, even if it looks like it's ready. You can't go wrong pulling it at 195-198. Oh, and cut across the grain. Have fun.

I undercooked by first brisket. I insisted that my wife made an error in slicing it with the grain. I cut across the grain, as she apparently did previously, and it was just as tough as what she cut. Moral of the story is don't pull it early, even if it looks like it's ready. You can't go wrong pulling it at 195-198. Oh, and cut across the grain. Have fun.

Yep, you'll want to pull it early. Very hard to resist. Probe-tender in the flat, that's when to take it out. Make sure and post up results.

Welcome, padnuh.

Thanks for all the advice. I will post photos of final product.

actually,you can go wrong if you pull it before it probes tender...temp doesn't matter

now, time to get out of the way before bludawg comes after you :behindsofa:

Back