NY Strip Steaks

bbqbull

Watching over us.
Reaction score
Got family in from Ohio, Missouri and one member from Kalamazoo Mi. area.

Did a huge breakfast this am and then we went to the gun range. Went through a few hundred rounds of 40 cal, 45 cal and a lot of 22 cal ammmo.
The bigger calibers were through handguns.

3 hours at the range we made a mad dash to my favorite meat store and snagged an 11.30# NY Strip. They sliced it into inch thick steaks of pure heaven. Very very nice marbling. Due to the late time I cooked them on the gasser.

Got a bunch more that are gonna go on the Big Steel Keg tomorrow with some Cherry wood in the lump for taste tomorrow.

Tomorrow is another full day but I will try and get some photos posted.

P.S. These steaks were better than Ribeye steaks IMHO. I cut mine with a fork.

Enjoy the rest for the holiday weekend folks! :mrgreen:

Sounds like a great way to spend the day Mike! I love shooting.
Your steaks look delicious! I always cook ribeyes, will give the strips a try. Thanks for the post!

Thanks for sharing and the steaks look great. I'll have to give the new york strips a chance myself I've always been a Ribeye guy.

Looks great. I do strips all the time.

Nice looking meat there Mike. I love a good steak that is nice and tender. I can be pretty open about which cut, if it is nice and tender.

I love ribeye but strip are my #2 steak.
You are missing out. Try them :-o
( cooking strips for dinner )

Beautiful! Love strips as well. I may like them better than ribeye too, but they're usually much pricier as they don't go on sale as often. Ever cooked one of those bad boys whole Mikey? Sliced after cooking is just like a steak but with additional smoke.

Looks like a great time was had by all. Nothing like some time at the range to build a good appetite.

Beautiful! Love strips as well. I may like them better than ribeye too, but they're usually much pricier as they don't go on sale as often. Ever cooked one of those bad boys whole Mikey? Sliced after cooking is just like a steak but with additional smoke.

That was an after thought but no I have not deguerre!

Oooooo! You GOT to. Michele and I did one for Christmas last year. Here's how it turned out.

roast8_zpsdd22be26.jpg

roast9_zps618a4e2b.jpg

Gave it a low and slow roast then seared the crust over direct heat.

Back