MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #46
Big dawg
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
whats the verdict? I picked up some John henry beef rub from bbq outfitters and am curious about the wing rub
My friends I had over didn't leave any behind so I didn't get to try it. I rubbed down some thighs for dinner tonight I will post later. I did end up with some mad hunky wings and they were awesome.
Let me know how you like that beef rub. I might just have to stop by bbq mercantile to pick some up.

Jrow
Big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #47
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

My batch of wang drummettes last Sunday....mostly Powboy's Yardbird smoked with lump and cherry chunks.

Used a variety of sauces that we liked.

These, though.....were serious bidness.

Last edited by DubfromGA; 02-06-2013 at 02:57 PM..
DubfromGA is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-06-2013, 02:46 PM   #48
DubfromGA
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJackal View Post
The best buffalo style sauce I've ever found is Sean's BooYah! Wing Sauce.

http://www.seansbooyah.com/stuff.html

The Creeper is awesome if you like it hot. But my hot and other people's hot is not the same, so when I'm cooking 'hot' for others, I need to use the Sorta Hot. If you are cooking for a diverse crowd, even the Sorta Hot will likely be too hot for them and go with the Not So Hot.

True....I'm always amazed at some folks hatred of anything remotely hot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big dawg View Post
Has anyone tried John Henry's hot wing rub? Just picked some up today and I will be trying it out tomorrow.

Jrow

I've heard their Greek rub is crazy good on chicken. I'm ordering a can for my next order. I'm almost out of Cimmarron Doc's rib rub and I need some good chili stuff.

Old 02-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #49
garzanium
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big dawg View Post
Let me know how you like that beef rub. I might just have to stop by bbq mercantile to pick some up.

Jrow

I don't have much I can compare it to as this is my second brisket. ..I was very pleased with the brisket rub. Straight rub on the brisket below produced a nice bark

Also used some john Henry pecan rub tonight. .. this stuff is money! Pork ribeye

I'm definitely picking up some wing rub soon

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Old 02-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #50
SchatzSea
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westexbbq View Post
I like to make a batch using Willie B's Bourbon rub and then finish with a Jim Beam glaze recipe I came across a while back; very tasty.
Sounds great! Share the glaze recipe?

Sent from my Incredible (2) Droid
[FONT=Magneto][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=3][B]En Fuego BBQ[/B][/SIZE][/FONT][/FONT][INDENT][FONT=Arial][COLOR=dimgray][I]The Swashbucklers of Swine...[/I][I]Raiders of Ribs...Buccaneers of Brisket...Pillagers [/I][I]of Poultry...Marauders of Mutton...it's the Dred Pirate SchatzSea and Qrew from the mythical Isla del Fuego![/I][/COLOR][/FONT]

[I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=dimgray]The Qrew -- Smokin’ Hot Wife, Two Smokin’ Little Monkeys, and Two Hot Digity Dogs[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]

[I][FONT=Arial][COLOR=dimgray]"Hello. My name is Inigo Pork-toya. You grilled my father. Prepare to fry."[/COLOR][/FONT][/I]
[/INDENT]__________________
SchatzSea is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 12:42 PM   #51
Big dawg
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garzanium View Post
whats the verdict? I picked up some John henry beef rub from bbq outfitters and am curious about the wing rub
It's good stuff it's got a nice kick to it. Definitely a keeper

Jrow
Big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM   #52
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

Hands down my favorite is Julio's Seasoning and then Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Sauce mild that combo I could eat everyday. Cook the wings indirect on the kettle of course and I don't like smoke on my wings so just charcoal

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote