MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-27-2020, 05:47 PM   #91
PatAttack
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrand View Post
Waterslide from the roof into the pickup box filled with water!
Put a big camo tarp in the bed and run a hose from the tailpipe into the water filled bed. Now we have ourselves a "Driveway Jacuzzi", boys!!

22" WSM
22" Weber Gold
Weber Smoky Joe
Weber Gasser
Rec-Tec 590

Last edited by PatAttack; 02-27-2020 at 05:54 PM..
PatAttack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2020, 05:53 PM   #92
4ever3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstrand View Post
Waterslide from the roof into the pickup box filled with water!

Come on in!

The waters warm!

Old Oklahoma Joe (Opal)
GMG TREK (Greta Thunberg)
Weber Summit Charcoal (Waylon)
MAK 2 Star (Maybel)

2x “Unfortunately nothing wrong with that” Bob C Que…
I must be living right (somehow…)
4ever3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 02-27-2020, 07:20 PM   #93
Jrogers84
is One Chatty Farker

I guess I’m just having a hard time understanding why spending time in your front yard is offensive.....what are you suppose to do in space you own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jrogers84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2020, 07:38 PM   #94
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Are block parties out?
I live in the country, but attended a couple of neighborhood parties with friends. They roped off the street, hired a band, and everyone brought food and beverages to share.
It was a lot of fun!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2020, 07:55 PM   #95
Nuco59
Babbling Farker

I can almost guarantee that he did not think he'd get rolled in dirt this hard.

I could have warned him- but I'm one of "those people" who do what he can't understand people doing.

Annnnd I'm doing it again this weekend so- "neener neener"

Old 02-27-2020, 08:14 PM   #96
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Are block parties out?
I live in the country, but attended a couple of neighborhood parties with friends. They roped off the street, hired a band, and everyone brought food and beverages to share.
It was a lot of fun!
Hello no! My buddies do one a few times a year. Block off the culdesac, blow up the huge inflatable they own, bring all the kids, bring beer, neighbors toss up canopies for shade, folks bring food, I bring a smoker to cook some bbq on......oh this smoker is on their front porch or driveway. We have so much damn fun with everyone out in front of their homes!

Even some of the neighbors that don't always come outside even come out for these, lol. Amazing what a bunch of laughing neighbors drinking beer and laughing kids does

Old 02-27-2020, 08:43 PM   #97
Grain Belt
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoker34 View Post
I said I was done, but I have to correct something. You should take a logic course. Your analysis of my statement is either an innocent distortion or outright deception.

Given all that I said on this topic, it should be very obvious, using only basic reading comprehension, that I don’t like the idea of grilling, barbecuing and lounging in front of my house. Proof is that I admitted learning about this practice years ago via internet media and if I liked or even understood the reasoning behind the idea, I would have done it myself. I also told you that even if I did it, my neighbors would complain. Being a neighbor to someone else in my neighborhood, it then follows that I would not like to see people grilling and lounging in a hammock in their front yard. I think it takes away from the aesthetics of the neighborhood and makes it more like a perpetual street festival. So it should come as no surprise that I wouldn’t want to see this in my neighborhood. Your comment says more about you and your own self-image to imply that my not liking this activity amounts to looking down on others.

Having said that, I simply did not and still do not understand, in most cases, why anyone would preferentially choose to grill, barbecue and lounge around in public. I have never seen it in person and would still hope nobody in my neighborhood takes it up.

Happy grilling and barbecuing.
I bust my hump all week in a job that has plenty of public criticism and now some sumbitch has the balls to tell me I recreate in an offensive way? Come on up to northern Minnesota sometime when I get the applewood smoke rolling out of my beloved green Weber kettle in the driveway and kiss my substantial white ass if you don’t like what I’m doing in the front yard I have owned for 20 years.
Grain Belt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2020, 08:45 PM   #98
Drunk Monkey
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Drunk Monkey

Everything lives out back EXCEPT the stick burner. She lives in the garage and and attracts a crowd when she is TBSing out front.

Bad take Jersey.

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-27-2020, 08:46 PM   #99
TxQGuy
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Big C

#22 Jumbo Old Smokey Charcoal Grill - "Long Tall Sally"[/B]

Red Oak is still Oak :cool:
TxQGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2020, 08:51 PM   #100
Baychilla
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

At this point I think this sums up whats happening
Baychilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 02-27-2020, 09:37 PM   #101
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychilla View Post
At this point I think this sums up whats happening
Playing happily with a horse in the front yard while everyone gets along??

Old 02-27-2020, 09:56 PM   #102
WeberWho
is one Smokin' Farker

I had a new neighbor move in last summer. Right around the time I was stripping down the Shirley for prep and paint in the front driveway. It maybe didn't look the best but it wasn't hurting anyone. I'd pull the Shirley out and work on it during the weekends. I had one neighbor who I hardly know honk and give me a thumbs up when she drove by while I was working on it. I eventually ran into my other new neighbor. He goes, "Are you the one who has had that big smoker in the driveway?" Yeah I'm the one. "That thing is awesome. If I ever see you out with it would you mind if I stop by and take a look at it? I have an electric smoker." Right than and there I knew we had some great new neighbors. Sure enough he stopped over when I was still working on the Shirley. I explained how the smoker worked since it was reverse flow. (I live in MN. Seeing any type of smoker is a needle in a haystack) He also stopped one other time to show his son the smoker.

I'm very fortunate to have good neighbors around me. I have a jogging path that runs through the backyard. I'd rather sit and chat with my neighbors than some random strangers jogging/biking through the back while throwing on sticks or starting the BGE's. I'll even drop off Q for the neighbors when I find myself with extra.

My one neighbor has a firepit he drags out on his driveway and lights during the weekend. He invites neighbors to come over and hang out and have a couple beers. It's nice walking outside and hear people laughing and interacting with one another. It's the neighborhoods where everyone hides inside and doesn't interact with one another that scare me.
WeberWho is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-2020, 10:19 PM   #103
mchar69
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Lot to digest in this thread. OP finds himself like the Houston Astros after the scandal and we all must learn - "If you find yourself in a hole - Stop Digging."
I love adages - they are ALWAYS true.
mchar69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 12:39 AM   #104
gtr

Reminds me of our beloved and departed N8man - sure do miss that farker...

50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-28-2020, 04:31 AM   #105
ebijack
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : tom

In my neighborhood. If I left any of my smokers out front/in driveway. They would disappear in a heart beat. Even faster if there was cooked meat in it.
My neighborhood friends get fed good thought!
Ahh, the wonders of living so close to 8 mile Detroit.

My old house I used to cook in the driveway. The neighbors were always coming around when they smelled sweet blue.
ebijack is offline   Reply With Quote