So my wife says.... (Pics)

Smoke on Badger Mountain

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was reading Hotch's post on "pig cakes" Link below. the other day, and my wife looks over my shoulder and says "that looks good you should make those. You know how much I like crab cakes" And then one thing leads to another. We were at the grocery store last night to pick up some pork among other things (it's 1.3 hrs to the store one way) Then I saw beef spares on a sweet deal so into the cart they went. Then I saw the sale on ground beef. So again into the cart. After that my wife says, "I could really use some pre-cooked chicken to make salads with. So, chicken breast into the cart. Finally, I get to the pork. Can't find the Boston butt I want (my regular meat supplier is 4.5 hrs away) But there was a three pack on little picnic's there so that will become the pig cakes. Anyway those are the events that bring us to today's cook.

Will be cooking on my 48" offset on a mix of hickory and mesquite. @ around 225*

I will post photos as the cook progresses.

Hotch's brilliant idea. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=214786

barepork.jpg

fattyhands.jpg

chickeninbath.jpg
Chicken in a bath

beefribsrub.jpg
This will be dinner tonight

rubbedpig.jpg
Ready to go on.

Is that chicken going on too?

Last edited:
And here we go

All of the meat is off and the pit is cooling down. Here are some more pics. Wish I had full Boston butts, Ribs were on about 20min too long but flavor was spot on. Chicken came out great, Fatty exploded. But all in all I was happy at the end of the day. Thanks for looking.

ribfinish.jpg

chickenfinish.jpg

porkfinish.jpg

fattyfinish.jpg

Most of what was cooked today has been vac sealed for work night dinner and such. The ribs are gone and some of the pork has been set aside for "pig cakes" (thanks Hotch) the reason this whole cook got started in the first place.

Great looking mealS...

I used to live 45 mins for Visalia. Probably the other side from you. Lemoore...

Back