Like Sriracha?

1MoreFord

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Found this on the last trip to the grocery. Real sugar! Corn syrup and HFCS free.:mrgreen:

DSC_2514Web.jpg

Last edited:
I have seen that at Ralphs before. What kind of adaptor allows you to plug it into your computer?

I almost bought some but it had corn syrup...only do cane

Gluten free tomatoes? Gravity adaptors? Science is hard!

Here's the story of Sriracha.

If you have Amazon Prime it's a free watch.

Very entertaining.

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Sriracha-David-Tran/dp/B00MLYNYDI/ref=sr_1_1?s=instant-video&ie=UTF8&qid=1431907407&sr=1-1&keywords=sriracha"]Amazon.com: Sriracha: David Tran, Randy Clemens, Adam Holliday, Craig Underwood: Amazon Instant Video@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61-20hVS6TL.@@AMEPARAM@@61-20hVS6TL[/ame]

Am I the only one that uses sriracha as ketchup? Why dilute it and make it weak? I make my own, no sugar or preservatives other than vinegar.

Gluten free tomatoes? Gravity adaptors? Science is hard!
Sounds like witchcraft to me. :laugh:
Am I the only one that uses sriracha as ketchup? Why dilute it and make it weak? I make my own, no sugar or preservatives other than vinegar.
Nope I do the same or if I go to Tacohell I don't get any of there hot sauces I just use sriracha in my tacos.

My stomach an' esophagus ain't quite that tuff anymore. Ole Phart mod.:icon_blush: Old age isn't for the weak hearted.:tsk:

Teleking, do you have a recipe/method you could share? (I can't have much of the sugar, whether it's corn or cane, that's in the store bought.)

Don't really have a recipie. Take a bunch of 6 or 7 types of hot peppers red bells for filler. Pan roast with garlic and vinegar till soft. Process through a food mill to remove seeds and skins. At this point if it's not thick enough simmer it down to desired thickness. If not hot enough I cheat and kick it up with trader joes hab sauce. Salt to taste if desired. I roast my peppers in the UDS.

Nothing you don't want added, that simple.

extremely overrated stuff.

Strictly a matter of personal taste, I happen to really like the stuff myself, use it on a lotta different things:-D.

KC
Yep, a matter of personal taste for sure. I also really like it, and it is my go to hot sauce for a lot of dishes, replacing even Tabasco. My wife, however, hates it.

Teleking, do you have a recipe/method you could share? (I can't have much of the sugar, whether it's corn or cane, that's in the store bought.)

I found a couple of Sriracha recipes on the web one day with nothing better to do. Google is your friend.:wink:

I like sriracha ketchup only I just mix the two until I reach a desired heat level.

Creekwalker,

I gave making sriracha a shot and had very good results. Here's the thread since you are interested.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=187454

My method has a more original texture with a food mill and not blending seeds and skins in. Only want the meat of the fruit. No dig on the style or flavor, just a preference in body and texture for me. Anyway you go homemade is the way to go. I also have the luxury of growing all my own peppers and garlic in the front yard. I also don't add salt or sugar to mine. Again personal preference. Cook on with whatever works for you.

Back