Baby Back Ribs- MSU Rub

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
A 2.78# rack of back ribs. Nice and small/ not those giant pork chop type. Removed membrane, Julio’s to the bone side. Julio’s dusted on top followed by Oakridge CC. Pushed the button on the pellet cooker and running 225 for a while to get hickory smoke (b&b hickory pellets).

Last edited:
2.5 hour update(swag)

1:45 in smoke 225*
30-40” foil wrapped tight 290
Now unwrapped at 225*

At the push of a fark’n button

Last edited:
A 2.78# rack of back ribs. Nice and small/ not those giant pork chop type. Removed membrane, Julio’s to the bone side. Julio’s dusted on top followed by Oakridge CC. Pushed the button on the pellet cooker and running 225 for a while to get hickory smoke (b&b hickory pellets).

Lookin’ real tasty as usual. Your in a Julio’s roll huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I am a recent convert to the Carne Crosta from Oakridge. Love that stuff. Never thought about it for ribs, but, now I'm gonna have to consider it. Thanks for the fine example.

I am a recent convert to the Carne Crosta from Oakridge. Love that stuff. Never thought about it for ribs, but, now I'm gonna have to consider it. Thanks for the fine example.

It’ll be tomorrow before I try them. Man they smell fantastic. The Oakridge ingredients plus a little umami from the Julio’s, I’m thinking it’s a cant miss.

May or may not be a home run, but guessing a ground rule double —at least.

I need to try some smaller baby back ribs. I stopped cooking them because I didn't really care for the porkchoppyness of the slabs I usually get. I think back to all the times I ate baby backs and liked them, and they were all approaching "shiner" status, and sauced. Like "Chili's baby back ribs" style. Those look really good.

I need to try some smaller baby back ribs. I stopped cooking them because I didn't really care for the porkchoppyness of the slabs I usually get. I think back to all the times I ate baby backs and liked them, and they were all approaching "shiner" status, and sauced. Like "Chili's baby back ribs" style. Those look really good.

Trying real hard to stay under 3# BabyBack,under 4# St Louis, under 5# whole spare. Not easy sometimes- but worth the hunt. Imho

Back