Weber 22.5 kettle silver one touch /w pron & future mods thread.

D

Derek

Hi all.

I went to Abcwarehouse and I've picked up this bad boy for $69 with cover out the door ( I know people there, and forgot about it lol )

Anyways the cover was free swag.

By the way I have to go back there and have them give me a handle & the settlement tray, otherwise it's complete and it took me 1 hour to build it.

Any hoo here's some pics & and first cook is coming very soon ( Ribs are thawing now )

857153812_CLaqb-L.jpg

857153971_PmyWc-L.jpg

857153844_mM2n9-L.jpg

857153929_Svs5i-L.jpg

857153960_AgyhC-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Time to cook some ribs! :thumb:
Oh heck yes.

I'm excited. I finally have a real grill / smoker :)

Although I may end up with the smokinator from Amazon or I can talk to Jerry and see what he can do.

And thanks..

Get it dirty...and post some pron...:clap2:
As far as mods... I highly recommend one of these...but then your cover won't fit:confused:

7412_1_lg.jpg

Derek, time to use that search function and look up how all of us smoke on kettles, the Smokenator is an excellent product, there are many other ways to get it done, each has it's own merits.

Nice

For the love of god, with the $ you save, hook up the smokenator (google) and the ribonator (google,) have been using them in tandem for the last 2 weeks... LIFE IS SMOKY, JUICY, and TASTY... No BS they really work on the 22.5. I use a Perfomer (smae deal) but my chicken and ribs have gone from good to **** **** ******, get the idea... Nice score! :clap2:

Derek, time to use that search function and look up how all of us smoke on kettles, the Smokenator is an excellent product, there are many other ways to get it done, each has it's own merits.

For the love of god, with the $ you save, hook up the smokenator (google) and the ribonator (google,) have been using them in tandem for the last 2 weeks... LIFE IS SMOKY, JUICY, and TASTY... No BS they really work on the 22.5. I use a Perfomer (smae deal) but my chicken and ribs have gone from good to **** **** ******, get the idea... Nice score! :clap2:
All ready done, And thanks for the advice.

Congrats on getting the greatest cooking device ever made by man!:cool: The table might be a good idea. I don't have one, but I have a few surfaces available to me by my grill which I'm not sure how I could live without.

Congrats on getting the greatest cooking device ever made by man!:cool: The table might be a good idea. I don't have one, but I have a few surfaces available to me by my grill which I'm not sure how I could live without.
I couldn't agree more, It's the very first time ever I've put something together and didn't mess it up.

Nice!

By the way Thanks to Jerry and you guys, I've decided on the smokeniator.

Dang. And I was goin' for that Darwin award too.:heh:
You can go the Darwin route if you like, but I don't think your wife would approve of it since you got nice looking hardwood floors!

Wait a minute. Did I miss something? I thought Derek was getting a WSM and had to wait like 4 weeks or something for it to come. When did it change to a OTS?

Regardless, the OTS will do. It is what I use and I love mine.

Wait a minute. Did I miss something? I thought Derek was getting a WSM and had to wait like 4 weeks or something for it to come. When did it change to a OTS?

Regardless, the OTS will do. It is what I use and I love mine.
You sound familar? And it's the price, once I get the smokinator & another weber silver plus a smokinator I will be ready to rockin roll!

Back