26.75 in. Weber Kettle mods?

absolutely love my twin 26.75's!!! Reaally want a rotisserie for one of them, and I convinced weber to send me a third lid because of a few scratches from shipping...in search of a stainless 85 gallon drum to make a monster UDS!

Dang, :decision: Sure would like one of those 26.75.

These are not my designs,but I saved them from somewhere.
IMG_4252-1.jpg

BBQKettletable.jpg

I just put a 26.75 on order and I should have it in 5 days or so. I may have to do that table idea!

Had mine for a little better that a year. Added Craycort CI grates and I fabbed up a charcoal grate out of the finer mesh 1/2x16 gage expanded metal with a 2 inch lip to keep hot coals away from the kettle walls.

Love the 26. Only mod I made was to add a matching handle to the front of the lid. Cooked 11 leg quarters and 12 burgers at the same time last night at work.

Ok guys here is my setup , 26 otg , craycort CI cooking grates and craycort 18" ci charcoal grate, the 18" drops the charcoal even lower and able to put a 3rd grate in between the cooking and charcoal , the smokenator, i seen alot of posts knocking the smokenator , i'm sorry guys its a must have on the 26, the party Q from bbq guru ,these mods combined on the 26 is mind blowing results finished 1st in 2 contests in pennsylvania and you should have seen the faces on those guys with their 10,000 smokers faces went from laughs and chuckles to moans and groans as i was packing my stuff back up in my 1985 buick lesabre :twisted:

Ok guys here is my setup , 26 otg , craycort CI cooking grates and craycort 18" ci charcoal grate, the 18" drops the charcoal even lower and able to put a 3rd grate in between the cooking and charcoal , the smokenator, i seen alot of posts knocking the smokenator , i'm sorry guys its a must have on the 26, the party Q from bbq guru ,these mods combined on the 26 is mind blowing results finished 1st in 2 contests in pennsylvania and you should have seen the faces on those guys with their 10,000 smokers faces went from laughs and chuckles to moans and groans as i was packing my stuff back up in my 1985 buick lesabre :twisted:

"But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"

A year or so back I saw a post on The Weber Virtual Bulletin Board where someone had fabricated a beautiful Performer Platinum style wing table set up for a 26.75". Sadly the post is quite old and I'm not having much luck with their site search.

Well, I did it. I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a 26.75" OTG. Unfortunately, my work schedule will not allow me to fire it up until Friday. :frown:

Has anyone tried the Nomex lid mod in the tvwbb link? It seems like a good idea.

I love my 26" and have been playing with making it a better smoker (aluminum foil heatshield so heat has to come over the top)

grill_smoker_setup.jpg

two_chickens.jpg

Well, I did it. I went to Home Depot yesterday and bought a 26.75" OTG. Unfortunately, my work schedule will not allow me to fire it up until Friday. :frown:

Has anyone tried the Nomex lid mod in the tvwbb link? It seems like a good idea.
You're gonna love it. I bought mine a few weeks back and my only regret is that I didn't buy it sooner. I haven't had a reason for the Nomex, so I have not tried it. I don't have any air leaks and I haven't used it for anything but high heat. I love the extra space. I'm sure you will too.

When I bought my Red 1992 Performer last December, the lid was kinda banged up and leaked in a bunch of places. I put the Nomex ring around the lid and it stopped ALL of the leaking. I wouldn't do it if it didn't leak. I'm not sure why you would need to do this on a new unit. Mine was 21 years old.

Follow-up: So a week after I bought my 26'er, I open up the box to assemble it only to discover that the lid was partially crushed in shipment. I searched HomeDepot.com trying to find a store with one in inventory for Memorial Day weekend. I found one and was able to exchange my damaged one.

So yesterday I FINALLY get to fire up my new pit. This. Pit. is. Awesome.

Here is what I threw on for it's maiden voyage:

16 MOINK Balls
36 Wings
2 links of Boudin
5 links of Brisket Sausage
4 links of Bison/Jalapeno Sausage
4 skewers of Beef Tips and Mushrooms
6 hot dogs

picture.php

All that and I only used one chimney of charcoal.

I am very happy.

David

Back