MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 11-26-2012, 05:33 PM   #16
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSmellsLikeSmoke View Post
I take into consideration that his heavy gauge pit comes down in temperature much slower than my lighter gauge smokers once he shuts his completely down. To simulate a slower cooling rate I graduate the shutting down of my vents.

From what you have found, this might not be necessary. It looks like a little experimentation is in order on my part.
I have the opposite issue. My BWS will hold 275 for a few hours after shutting down. I guess I would have to remove the charcoal tray and crack the door.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->

Old 11-26-2012, 05:39 PM   #17
NickTheGreat
is Blowin Smoke!

Thanks for the pictures. I always hear of 'weeping ribs' but this really illustrates it

Old 11-26-2012, 05:50 PM   #18
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Sounds like a plan that worked great, sure looks great.

Weeping ribs happens at all temperatures, but, in a low temperature cook with a good draft, the pig honey dries up as the liquid comes out slower, that has been my observation.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 11-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #19
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Those look so good, and I haven't had ribs in a while. They're on the menu again, now!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-26-2012, 09:58 PM   #20
dealm9
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Sounds like a plan that worked great, sure looks great.

Weeping ribs happens at all temperatures, but, in a low temperature cook with a good draft, the pig honey dries up as the liquid comes out slower, that has been my observation.
That makes a lot of sense. ALl I know is though that in my rib cooking experience (which is not as vast as most brethren here), temperatures lower than 250 have produced worse results than temps in the 275-325 range. It could just be that my timing is thrown off by cooking at lower temps but I have been able to nail the perfect doneness with ribs with a higher cooking temp. I don't really cook anything lower than 275 anymore, except pork butt which I am willing to go down to 250 for, but 275 is mine and my UDS's favorite temp, which makes it easier for me

Old 11-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #21
Tonybel
Babbling Farker

Those ribs look fantastic. Nicely done!!!

Old 11-27-2012, 05:25 AM   #22
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

When using this technique, at what point do you sauce the ribs?

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2012, 05:34 AM   #23
dealm9
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
I don't sauce mine generally but I am sure somebody else could weigh in. I would probably start about 30 minutes before I would shut down my smoker but I have not tried it

Sent from my ADR6410LVW using Tapatalk 2

Old 11-27-2012, 06:14 PM   #24
BobM
Babbling Farker

Really great looking ribs!
| [COLOR=RoyalBlue][COLOR=Red]Weber[/COLOR] 18 1/2" & 22 1/2" WSM[/COLOR], [COLOR=SeaGreen]22 1/2" & 26 3/4" OTG[/COLOR][COLOR=DimGray][COLOR=Black],[/COLOR] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Genesis S-330[/COLOR][/COLOR] |[COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Black]|[/COLOR] BBQ Guru CyberQ WiFi [/COLOR]| [COLOR=DarkOrange]Maverick ET-732[/COLOR] | [COLOR=Gray]Gray Thermapen[/COLOR] |
BobM is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2012, 06:49 PM   #25
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

What do you do when you love your friend so much you cannot bare to point out what a colossally stupid thing it was he uttered about a given subject. I guess I will say nothing and let the lot of you continue to think a certain something is true merely to retain the friendship....

of course.... if he were to be murdered in some hideous and disfigurative way....hmmm, if he is murdered, what does it matter that he is messed up? No one would know.... this is why I always curse myself when I have an entire family killed for something there loved one says on this forum; there is no one left who cares enough that I have for instance murdered the person that said the stupid thing.... I mean... no one to observe that the person was killed by say ripping off their skin.

maybe I should kill the person in the forum who said the stupid thing by ripping off the skin and frying it like pork skins then after viewing the body the family could eat the skin of the person that said the stupid thing AND then be shocked by the viewing of the bo....

hey, the meds are here!!!!!! Got 2 go.
Facebook
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2012, 07:21 PM   #26
El Ropo
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamfour View Post
You don't! That's the point. Not needed.

2016 Fuji Absolute 2.0 LE (for burning off all the great BBQ)
El Ropo is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-27-2012, 08:45 PM   #27
Jason TQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post
What do you do when you love your friend so much you cannot bare to point out what a colossally stupid thing it was he uttered about a given subject. I guess I will say nothing and let the lot of you continue to think a certain something is true merely to retain the friendship....

of course.... if he were to be murdered in some hideous and disfigurative way....hmmm, if he is murdered, what does it matter that he is messed up? No one would know.... this is why I always curse myself when I have an entire family killed for something there loved one says on this forum; there is no one left who cares enough that I have for instance murdered the person that said the stupid thing.... I mean... no one to observe that the person was killed by say ripping off their skin.

maybe I should kill the person in the forum who said the stupid thing by ripping off the skin and frying it like pork skins then after viewing the body the family could eat the skin of the person that said the stupid thing AND then be shocked by the viewing of the bo....

Ooooo! I love passive aggressive eccentric rambling! Tell us more please.

Old 11-27-2012, 09:07 PM   #28
Boshizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitmaster T View Post

Hey, back off, bro! What do you know about weeping ribs, anyway!

Freakin' Texans!

Old 11-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #29
Wampus

Lookin GREAT! I, too, plan on doing T's weeping ribs some time. Hope they turn out that good!

Old 11-28-2012, 05:48 AM   #30
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

I will not give away who the friend is who said the extremely caustic words but I bet they would enjoy watching this

Facebook
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote