• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Burgers!"[/SIZE]
Bowhnter.jpg

Winning photo submitted by bowhnter from the 2009 Week 12 BBQ Brethren "Burger" Throwdown!

...as chosen by ecode, the winner of the Appetizer Throwdown!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1. The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2. Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 4/9 - 4/18 ).
3. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 4/18.
4. Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
6. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren Throwdownrelated postings or materials.
7. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
8. Only the image from the original post by the person entering the dish will be used in the Vote thread. Any further postings of the same photo by the same person, or by others will not be used.

The voting will begin Monday 4/19 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 4/23. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the "Beef Rib" Tjhrowdown until Sunday night 4/11 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Cast Iron Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Last edited:
Hmmm if the snow goes away soon, I'll post my juicies and do them on the little char coal grill again!

45 minutes till lunch, man i wish i wouldnt have looked at this post :doh:

Boogity Boogity Boogity, this one's going to be a barnburner!

William

Think I'm gonna have to bust my Throwdown cherry with this one. LOVE LOVE LOVE me some burgers :biggrin:

Great timing too! We can all pitch in and get back some great burger ideas for the summer :biggrin1:

Hello Biga.

May I use my juciys? I think I got the dead line right on time although I did them 2 day's prior of this throw down?

I figure this one is going to et a LOT of entries, which is GREAT!:cool: It will be interesting to see how creative some get, and what will win, the unusual, or the plain...

Our new category is...

[SIZE=+2]"Burgers!"[/SIZE]
Bowhnter.jpg

Winning photo submitted by bowhnter from the 2009 Week 12 BBQ Brethren "Burger" Throwdown!

...as chosen by ecode, the winner of the Appetizer Throwdown!

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

1. The dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
2. Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown period ( 4/9 - 4/18 ).
3. All pics (any number) must be submitted by Midnight Central Time on the night of 4/18.
4. Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.
6. By posting your photos, you are granting consent for your photo to be reused for other BBQ Brethren Throwdownrelated postings or materials.
7. Any joke photos, or photos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the photo is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
8. Only the image from the original post by the person entering the dish will be used in the Vote thread. Any further postings of the same photo by the same person, or by others will not be used.

The voting will begin Monday 4/19 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Friday 4/23. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the "Beef Rib" Tjhrowdown until Sunday night 4/11 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Cast Iron Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Really......:twisted:

Burger LOTS O PRON

Simply seasoned burger topped with a ham steak, grill tomato, grilled onion, provolone, peppered bacon, with a side of grilled potatoes, and a cold mug of black out stout. :becky: and a clove of elephant garlic topped with bacon and roasted for good measure.

Attachments

• 100_1531.jpg
    100_1531.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 453
  • 100_1546.jpg
    100_1546.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 446
  • 100_1547.jpg
    100_1547.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 444
  • 100_1558.jpg
    100_1558.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 450
Old School Bacon Cheeseburger

Mrs. Q and the little Qs wanted burgers for dinner, we're in the middle of a burger throwdown....well there you go.

I made up a bacon weave and cooked it to crispy in the oven. I cut the bacon mat into sizeable squares for the burgers.

burgershot2.jpg

I course ground some cubed beef and cranked out some hand made patties. Here's two on the Smokey Joe.

burgershot3.jpg

The final product - bottom to top it goes bun, lettuce, Burns BBQ Sauce, Patty 1, Cheddar Cheese, Bun, Mustard Relish, Bacon Mat, Burger 2, Fresh Tomato, White Onion, Bun (should have made a diagram....). Please use this photo

burgershot1.jpg

Sides include a pickle spear and some Zapps Potato Chips. Beer of Choice - Shiner 101, Czech Style Pilsner, Spoetzl Brewery, Shiner, Texas, USA.

Have a good weekend and enjoy the throwdown.:p

Back