• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Menu suggestions for some German visitors

iamuzzyhunter

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
We have a couple of guys that will be at our house for Sunday dinner this Sunday. Any Q suggestions?

Brisket and sausage. Was a bunch of Germans down in Texas that started it down there anyhow

When I was in Belgium I use to Q for the nationals that worked with us and they would completly go GaGa over BBQ, Ribs, porkchops and we done it on an old UDS

You might try lightly smoking some thick pork chops (an Iowa chop would astound them) and serve it with kraut. In Germany they eat Rippchen und Sauer Kraut which I eat at my favorite German restaurant here a lot.

Put it this way. If you were in Germany would you want them to try to make some American dishes or would you like them to make their home specialty

I wouldn't do sausages unless they were home made and then I would think twice about it.

Do all the American Q stuff and throw a brisket pizza in there too. As for the beer go with something to start a conversation like good old Bud or Blue ribbon he!! Colt 45 even.

Trying to serve a top notch American beer to a German is a tough rope to tow. How about having some fun and running to the liquor store ( time killer, seeing how things work here, people watching )and see what they want to try as far as our beer selection.

Just a few ideas, BTW where is Don Marco when we need him? lol

Well, there won't be any beer involved but if time allows I will try to do some American Q or we might grill something. I agree they can eat German food anytime. Where is Don Marco anyway?

Well, there won't be any beer involved but if time allows I will try to do some American Q or we might grill something. I agree they can eat German food anytime. Where is Don Marco anyway?

Make sure you have some good ice cream for dessert. I went to high school on Ramstein AB, in what WAS W. Germany. At every airshow in the summer you would see families taking home huge coolers full of American ice cream.

I'm of German descent, and work for a German company. The answer is;

Brisket, Ribs, ABT's, Baked Beans, Twice Baked Potatoes, Slaw, Ice Cream and Sweet Tea.

If you have beer for them, make it a flavorful one like Anchor Steam or Fat Tire. NOT Budweiser or Miller.

Brisket, Ribs, ABT's, Baked Beans, Twice Baked Potatoes, Slaw, Ice Cream and Sweet Tea.

If you have beer for them, make it a flavorful one like Anchor Steam or Fat Tire. NOT Budweiser or Miller.

This sounds really good

I agree.

Back