MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-21-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Default Hot 'n Fast Ribs?

We're smoking Michael's first brisket tomorrow, and we'll be following Boshizzle's hot 'n fast method. We wanted to throw on a couple racks of BBs, and a fattie. Any reason we couldn't do all those hot 'n fast, too? Or should we save them for another cook? We'll be smoking a chicken, too, but had intended to do it on the rotisserie with some chunks in foil on the gasser. Maybe we ought to spatchcock the chicken, and throw it on with the brisket hot 'n fast on the keg, and put the ribs and fatties on the gasser at 270* with the chunks in foil. Any words of wisdom about this musical chairs of meat would be welcome. Thanks!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #2
Moose
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Richard

Hot and Fast BB's usually take me roughly about 2.5 hours at about 275 degrees, or 2 hours at 300, Tish. Depending on how large your brisket is, you can throw the fatty and ribs on when you think the brisket is about 2.5 hours away from being done. That's easier said than done. Brisket can stand a good long rest period, though, unlike ribs, so that should buy you some extra time for the ribs and fatty...
Moose is online now   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-22-2012, 01:23 AM   #3
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

I just dont like opening the doors while doing any cook, especailly hot n fast..when ever I power cook ribs, I think they are better..however I have several cookers so I can run different meats at different temps and not open the door..
try to time your ribs to let rest to tighten up a bit and carefull when you are around 325 or so...if you glaze with sauce..it might burn...just my 4 cents..

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-22-2012, 09:20 AM   #4
Derrick D
On the road to being a farker

I cook everything hot and fast I usually put my ribs on 2 hours after my Briskets at 325 on the stick burner and after 5 hours the brisket is done 3 on ribs and everybody comes ot at the same time.

Old 12-22-2012, 10:24 AM   #5
boogiesnap
Babbling Farker

i'd cook the briskie till done and rest it. while it rests i'd HnF the chicken and ribs. a brisket will be just fine sittin for a few hours. then you can be sure everything is done on time and ready to serve.

avatar by grillman. patent pending. :mad2::becky:
boogiesnap is offline   Reply With Quote