Cow Kisses

thanks for sharing....... Never would have guessed tongue would come out like burnt ends. Will have to try some soon.

Not to highjack the thread.....where in KC were you eating the tongue tacos? I'm always looking for a new taqueria.

Not to highjack the thread.....where in KC were you eating the tongue tacos? I'm always looking for a new taqueria.

bonitomichoacankck.com

But, go to the one in Olathe. My absolute favorite taqueria is actually El Fogon, which is at 103rd & Metcalf, I love their chorizo tacos.

El Fogon does have a great taco Tuesday special as well.

Last edited:
Silly/stupid question time...

Having never had tongue, I am intrigued by the possibility that it really might taste pretty good (and even really good) - after removing what you called the "leather." If you didn't tell people that it was tongue, would they know? Is it cheap to purchase, or is it really just a novelty piece of meat?

Superb! I have had a tongue in the freezer because I didn't know what to do with it. Burnt ends are always loved around here, so this is definitely getting done. Thanks.

Nice use of the tongue in BBQ. Not sure I could pass on lengua tacos though

Silly/stupid question time...

Having never had tongue, I am intrigued by the possibility that it really might taste pretty good (and even really good) - after removing what you called the "leather." If you didn't tell people that it was tongue, would they know? Is it cheap to purchase, or is it really just a novelty piece of meat?

Highly doubtful they'd know unless you told them. Gave my neighbor some of this without telling him. He told me it was the best bbq he'd ever eaten. He laughed when I confessed it was tongue.

The price depends where you buy it. At a grocery store, it might be upwards of $4 a pound. However at a farmer's market or butcher, probably a lot less. I usually get them from the farmers market for $5 for the entire tongue, which is a great price.

Back