• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

FATTY Appreciation thread, please post your creations here.

Fatet Mignon

IMG_0988-1.jpg

and Corn-on-the-cob Fattie

IMG_1002.jpg

Both from Episode VIII

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=94023

Mushroom fattie from Fungus Throwdown:

I absolutely love mushrooms and sausage, cooked in wine, stuffed, or however. Then it came to me in a dream (or maybe it was my wife's idea...) to stuff mushrooms inside a sausage, inside a mushroom. Unfortunately, portobellos did not magically appear in the kitchen and I had to start from scratch. I began as I usually do, by weaving some bacon. I put this into a mold:

IMG_7172.jpg

and filled it with sausage

IMG_7173.jpg

then tucked in the edges and gave it some seasoning

IMG_7174.jpg

I then sauteed some mushrooms and made a fattie with diced mushrooms and cheese

IMG_7179.jpg

Smoked this for a couple hours (seasoning the cap with paprika and brown sugar). Then I recruited a model (use this shot, Chris):

IMG_7213.jpg

Standard fork shot of the sliced fattie

IMG_7220.jpg

Here's my favorite so far.

Teriyaki ground beef fattie with pineapple, onion and swiss.

DSC00463.jpg

DSC00457.jpg

DSC00455.jpg

DSC00453.jpg

Followed closely by my second favorite, a breakfast fattie, though I don't have pictures of that one. It was pancakes, blueberries and scrambled eggs.

My twist on the bacon explosion fatty. Bacon weave followed by maple sausage stuffed with shredded cheese, crumbled bacon and drizzled with maple syrup and dusted with a rub. Makes a great breakfast sammich.

Fatty1-1.jpg

On a Grands Biscuit:

Fatty2-1.jpg

I think you intended to post this in the "Meatloaf Appreciation thread" :wink:

Haha... yeah people busted my chops about that before, but in my book a fattie is made of "sausage" and sausage is defined as ground meat and spices, it doesn't anywhere say it has to be "pork sausage". :becky:

Shoot I even made one with turkey sausage, stuffed with (whatelse!) stuffing, for thanksgiving. That one was wrapped in bacon though. :thumb:

Last edited:
I give you the historic perfect naked fatty, which earned me a perfect zero, resulted in a lot of whining on my part and spawned the Zero Club, the Golden Goose Egg and many zero imitators...
landarc.jpg

I have checked the official total and it was Gore the crushed me in that Throwdown, which I still contend, he must have benefited somehow, from folks mistakenly voting for his dish, as he beat me by 37 votes, which seems lopsided even now.

Back