French Cut?

F

Fyrman_Mike

My wife asked me a good question last night and got me thinking. Does anyone "French Cut" their ribs for competition?

What is French cut? I think of string beans when you ask that. How would you French cut ribs?

It is where you cut away meat to expose the bone. You don't usually see the term "French cut", just "Frenched" or "French". But it's all the same.

I started doing it one time and it was just way too much work for how much bone I was going to expose.

I cook them so that there's a half inch to inch of bone showing. Not sure what might happen if you trimmed an inch then cooked.

I cook them so that there's a half inch to inch of bone showing. Not sure what might happen if you trimmed an inch then cooked.

I'm with Ford on this one. If you cook them right you should have all the bone showing that you'd need.

First of all, I do think it would be considered 'Sculpting' the meat. Secondly, if you cook them right, you should be getting at least some pull back.

You know Ford, if you do it right, you could end up with the first Lolly Pop Pork!

Back