Photo Swap Proposition

Mister Bob

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
:idea: So, here's my proposition...is anyone willing to swap a photo of a top five finish for pork for a second place brisket or fourth place chicken?

I just can't seem to get my pork scores up.:confused:
Photos will be exchanged via PM of course.:-D

Last edited:
Interesting that you would post this and want to keep it a closely guarded thing.

I have to wonder if the reason the top teams don't want to share pics is because they have an original presentation they don't want other teams to see, or they have an original presentation they don't want other teams to see.:idea:

Then again, I suck at comps so:wink:

show us your pics man, we'll have at it!

and knowing this place, you'll learn a TON!

try these.1st ,2nd,3rd. I dont think you will see anything different from many other pics that are posted.It just has to make you want to dive in and get ya some. And you dont need to post your pics if you want to keep em secret its ok.

Attachments

• 2nd place pork (Small).jpg
    2nd place pork (Small).jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 279
  • 3rd place (Small).jpg
    3rd place (Small).jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Princeton 1 St Pork (Small).JPG
    Princeton 1 St Pork (Small).JPG
    52.4 KB · Views: 279

Oh, I've been around awhile. My crappy presentations are my own laziness, I blame it on nothing else.

Like I said, I suck at comps so far, so.:eek:hwell:

try these.1st ,2nd,3rd. I dont think you will see anything different from many other pics that are posted.It just has to make you want to dive in and get ya some. And you dont need to post your pics if you want to keep em secret its ok.

Great pics. I like that you put 3 different variations of pork in a box. Great idea! :thumb:

Fair enough, this is a pic of my 55th place pork.

DPP_0032.jpg

Mister Bob...

That looks like a 9 to me !!!

I know some may disagree, I still think sliced pork can be a crapshoot at times in NY... I's just a lot less familiar to judges who are newer, may only judge locally and/or are used to/expecting pulled/chunked pork presented equally well..

That is sad, Mister Bob...

Here's a 15th out of 47 pork box at an FBA contest. My first comp. They taste/texture musta killed it!! :clap2:

IMG_2615.JPG

whats with the first slice on the left, the pink/grey veiny lookingness to it? Rest looks very good

Bob, do you have your scores on that? I gotta admit, It looks pretty damn enticing!

It must have looked better than it tasted, though I thought it was pretty good! At least Judge #4 agreed!

Appearance scores were 7,8,7,8,7,6
Taste scores were 6,7,7,8,5,6
Tenderness scores were 7,8,8,8,6,7

Judge 1 - 7,6,7
Judge 2 - 8,7,8
Judge 3 - 7,7,8
Judge 4 - 8,8,8
Judge 5 - 7,5,6
Judge 6 - 6,6,7

Rub was The Slabs, Birds and Bones
Sauce was Blues Hog / KC Masterpiece mix, thinned with apple juice
Injection was Butcher's BBQ Pork Injection
Butt was wrapped at 165 with a little apple juice added and removed at 195 in the money muscle.
Rested in the Cambro about 3 hours before pulling

I won't try that combination again!
I am wide open for suggestions.

Bob, you need to turn the slices around... start up in the upper right and work your way around - the piece on top should be at the bottom, not up hidden in the corner. It makes the face of the slices angle away from the judges' eyes, not towards them if you do it the way you did it. See what I mean? Go a little lighter on the sauce. Show more bark on your chunks. Try Slabs Perk Up Your Pork rub instead.

Bob, you need to turn the slices around... start up in the upper right and work your way around - the piece on top should be at the bottom, not up hidden in the corner. It makes the face of the slices angle away from the judges' eyes, not towards them if you do it the way you did it. See what I mean? Go a little lighter on the sauce. Show more bark on your chunks. Try Slabs Perk Up Your Pork rub instead.

Thanks Jeff, I see what you mean about the arrangement and direction of the slices. I'll also give some of those other ideas a try.

where the heck are you guys finding pork with that size ^^ money muscle?

Was a nearly 12 lb butt, purchased from a little meat market in Escanaba, MI

Wish I could find 'em like that all the time!

Back