Best place for BBQ in the Elgin Illinois area?

Muscrat

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I'm up here working in the Elgin area and I need a bbq fix. Who knows a good. Place close to me other than famous Dave's?

Thanks.

Sorry for the delay, but I hate to say it, but you're a good distance from any good bbq...unless you go to my house down the road :wink:. There's lots of great bbq, but it's closer to the city, which you are not exactly by and with traffic will take you at least an hour, sometimes 2. I'd focus on Chicago Beef from Portillos or a great pizza which is up the road on Lake street at Morettis Pizza in Bartlett or the Chicago deep dish Pizza style from Unos or Giordanos. I took Rub to Morettis while in town and the left overs never even made it on the plane back to Florida.

If your willing to travel closer to Chicago there's great BBQ

• Smoque
  • Lillie's Q
  • Country BBQ (he's got a veal brisket that is wicked awesome)
  • Chicago Q (Lee Ann Whippen's place, never been though)
  • Pork Shoppe
  • Rub's Backcounty Smokehouse
  • Twin Anchors (haven't been here, but hear great reviews)
  • Uncle Bub's in Westmont, IL
Best of luck while in town

Dan gave you a pretty good list I can't think of anything in Elgin or the surrounding towns.

Sweet Baby Ray's in Elk Grove and Wood Dale are good and closer than going downtown. Also, Firewater BBQ just opened a new location in Lombard. Ive heard good things about their original location in the SW suburbs. Google Baby Back Blues for the address. They took over that location.

Late to the party and wish I saw this thread earlier but just an fyi for everyone..there is a place right in Elgin that Ive heard good things about..havent been there myself yet.

http://www.elginbbqpit.com/

Best in the fox river area is Texan BBQ in Algonquin. Rt 31 and Algonquin rd.

You're welcome;-)

Back