Have black cherry juice, morello cherry preserves, + honey. Need ideas for a CHERRY flavored rib glaze.

S

Smiter Q

Been stressing with an AC situation past several days :mad:,
so thought I needed a diversion!:rolleyes:

Picked up a package of spares today, and want to finish them off with a sweet glaze. It can be spicy sweet, but would love to have the flavor of cherry on them too. Have black cherry juice, morello cherry preserves, + honey here on the counter. Was thinking of starting with some of the juice, and reducing it down to about 1/2 consistency. Then adding some honey, + little lemon or apple vin for acidity. I also have on hand some homemade spicy apple BBQ sauce. Was thinking of adding a little of that, but not sure if that would detract from what I would like to have with the cherry taste.

Not looking for candy sweet that would detract from the ribs, but something a little special and sweeter than I would usually go.

Would love some suggestions and ratio amounts. Also have a pretty good spice cabinet for other needs to add.

Thanks! :-D

I'd use the cherry juice, some of the preserves and add vinegar to taste before reducing. Cayenne wouldn't hurt either. Maybe a little worsy or soy too?

Soy and worsy... good ideas! Add the vin before the reduction? ok.. can try that

Modified spatay sauce

Marinade:
1/2 cup cherry juice
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tbs soy or worsy or mixed
3 TBS cherry preserves
1 tbs turbinado or brown sugar
2 tsp fresh ginger or 1 tsp powdered
1 tsp cayenne

combine, bring to a boil then simmer until reduced to desired consistancy. It'll thicken a little more when it cools too.

Since I also had some cut up jalapenos (seeds and all) in the marinade it kicked the heat up a notch. Maybe add some chopped to the mixed ingredients before heating.

Double the ingredients if you need more - I think this wound up making a little less than a half cup.

Modified spatay sauce

Marinade:
1/2 cup cherry juice
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tbs soy or worsy or mixed
3 TBS cherry preserves
1 tbs turbinado or brown sugar
2 tsp fresh ginger or 1 tsp powdered
1 tsp cayenne

combine, bring to a boil then simmer until reduced to desired consistancy. It'll thicken a little more when it cools too.

Since I also had some cut up jalapenos (seeds and all) in the marinade it kicked the heat up a notch. Maybe add some chopped to the mixed ingredients before heating.

Double the ingredients if you need more - I think this wound up making a little less than a half cup.

Guerry, thanks for this! Ratios seem to be what I am going for. :thumb:

I put up some brandied bing cherries earlier this year.... Now that's got me thinkin'. That could be a killer reduction sauce with a few special spices....

Back