Small Big Green Egg

Hankdad1

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I've been looking for a large a or XL Big green egg, but I've come across an opportunity to buy a small BGE with nest for $50.

Do any bretheren have one of this size and have thoughts on their usefulness? Is this a good purchase or should I just save my $ for a large or XL. (or buy both).

For 50 bucks, you should get it and figure out for yourself! If you hate it, sell it to me for $51. It's like money in the bank! ;)

I have a small BGE and we get lots of use out of it. For only $50, buy it and buy it quickly! Heck if it is too small for your needs you should be able to sell for a nice profit.

I'm usually only cooking for 2 so the small is perfect for the majority of my cooking. If it doesn't come with a plate setter you'll probably want to look at getting one or some other means (like a baking stone & drip pan) for cooking indirect.

Of my four eggs, it's the least used. I prefer my medium the most. I want to sell y large and small to buy an xl. I like the xl, med, mini combo.

But for $50 bucks, you have a steal there my friend.

Normally I would ask how large your family is. $50 BGE, i'm not asking. Buy it. :thumb:

I bought a small Egg for $50 several years ago. Great deal, but it won't be enough. I bought a large about a year later and I still have both. I use the small for a 5 qt. Lodge pot to make beans and also small amounts of chicken.

As I've said before: there is no one perfect smoker; you need an arsenal.

$50??? Buy it fast, that is a steal! The more, the merrier.....

i use my small more than i use my large and mini.

I use my small a lot. It's just two of us on most nights so it is great for a couple of steaks of some burgers or brats. Since it is small it comes up to temp faster.

For $50, if it is in good shape you can clean it up and flip it and put the profits towards a bigger one if you want.

I bought my small BGE for $100, but it had a custom table. If nothing else, you can practice on this until you get the larger size. Like the other said it is good for small cooks. The reason the guy was selling the one I bought was that it was too small for his growing family.

Buy it for $50 and sell it to me for $51...

For $50 you can't go wrong with it, so buy it.

$52 Highest bidder.

I'd grab it as well for $50, regardless.

Last edited:
Back