Jacks old south capacity

big blue bbq

Take a breath!
Reaction score
Two whole chickens, 9 thighs, 2 chuck roasts and one 12.5 packer brisket all fit easily in my bottom rack at once. Take that Traeger 075. You can't possibly do that. You do have your advantages though. Less work equals less food.

Patio cooker. I have only seen one of them at comps. I cook all 4 meats on it. Myron was using one, Brewin,Quein,and stewing uses one as well. They are a little work to keep the temp up and I almost pushed mine in a river after 6 months then the light went off and usually does good for me.

I thought it maybe the Patio, He doesn't have those built anymore does he? They aren't on his website any longer.

No, all he has is his big water smoker. Maxey fabrication in Vienna GA probably can still make them without his name tag on them. Don't know. We cooked on one just like this at his class two summers ago and he brought it up to the Jack with him so I would not have to pay shipping. I picked it up there. Here's a couple pics from tonight's cook.

Last edited:
We cooked on one just like it at his class last week.

I dunno. Yesterday I had a 14.5# packer, two chuckies, and six Scotch eggs on my 075 with room to spare! ;)

Actually, I have a extra rack for my 075 and maybe could have done it. May have had to split the chicken though to fit under it. What kind of burn tine do you get on your Traeger in this kind of weather? Did not want to get up every few hours to refill so thought I would go hot and fast.

I'm going to get that rack one of these days...

I haven't even started figuring burn times yet. I'm so new it's still, "D'OH! MY HOPPER'S EMPTY!" ;)

Back