MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 05-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #31
Rub
is Blowin Smoke!

Lotta brethren in there, congrats all!!
Nature's Own Hardwood Charcoal
Gator Nation
Rub is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2010, 07:43 PM   #32
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rub;
Lotta brethren in there, congrats all!!
We had great Brethren representation there. It seemed like every other space was a Brethren team! It was a lot of fun!

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/Weber Q1000/Blackstone Camping Griddle/Pit Boss Pro Series 850
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-23-2010, 07:56 PM   #33
Bud's BBQ
Full Fledged Farker

Great to see so many Brethren at the Dells and finally put some faces to name. Congrats to BubbaQ, RonL, Joe, the Freemans, Dive and all who walked.

Wanted to say thanks to so many of you who stopped over for our 4 PM toast to Carol Alison and share fond stories of her life in the BBQ family.

'Til the next time..........walt and theresa

Geer Pit by Jambo
FEC-100
CBJ
WEBER GENISES GAS GRILL
Bud's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 05-23-2010, 10:25 PM   #34
moosesbbq
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

Congrats to the all the winners. At least we had great weather Friday evening and all day Saturday.
moosesbbq is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 07:49 AM   #35
BearCat
Knows what a fatty is.

My Congratulations to all, That walked and everyone for making this a good event (cooks and organizers) looking forward to next years.
BearCat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 08:06 AM   #36
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Sorry we didn't make it now! We joined the toast to Carol in spirit here on Saturday.
Looking forward to seeing many of you this weekend!
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #37
PimpSmoke
is one Smokin' Farker

Oh and Dive, those foil pans you "gifted" to Mrs.Pimp saved our collective arses when it came time to do boxes for turn in. The sugar maple was a nice touch on the ribs too.

Big thank you.
I heard the rip when you sat down.
PimpSmoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 AM   #38
Big George's BBQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : George

Congrats to all who walked
Big George's BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 11:30 AM   #39
Divemaster
somebody shut me the fark up.

It was great seeing all of the Brethren out there, and I want to congratulate all those who got walks!!!

Well, we managed to come back with all of our toes and fingers in place.

First of all, I would like to thank Tanya for a great job on her first comp. To have 60 teams for a first try is really saying something. About the only issues we had (other than our chicken and brisket) was the fact that we couldn’t get water from anywhere other than one employee with a small buffalo on the back of his cart. This caused a couple of problems; first of all, with most of the teams arriving close to the same time, we all wanted/needed water at the same time. Secondly, they didn’t continue supplying water throughout the night so when we started to run low around 3 am, we had to wait until 7 to get more… The only other real issue I/we had was the 2am quiet time… I think they really need to back it up a bit (Midnight would have been nice). I’m still up in the air about next year, and with Westmont coming up this weekend, I really don’t have time to think about it, but I’m not saying No, just not saying Yes…

Quote:
Originally Posted by PimpSmoke View Post
Oh and Dive, those foil pans you "gifted" to Mrs.Pimp saved our collective arses when it came time to do boxes for turn in. The sugar maple was a nice touch on the ribs too.

Big thank you.
Not a problem bro! You did a lot better than we did on our first comp! Congrats!!!!
Race Fast, Cook Slow, and Enjoy Life!
If it don't come off a smoker, it's just a side dish!

Lang 60 Patio (The Mistress), Black Stainless Lang 36 (Little Princess), Large BGE (Ramona), Big Green UDS (Cottage Cooker), Brinkman SnP Pro (Little Bubba-Retired), 8 Burner Gasser, 3 - 22.5" & 1 - 18" (circa 1975) Weber Grills, & a Weber Smoky Joe.
Divemaster is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #40
DawgPhan
is One Chatty Farker

I guess some areas are starved for contests, because I can't imagine a contest like this getting a year 2 in GA...not with all the problems everyone has listed...good grief..
DawgPhan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #41
2Fat
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawgPhan View Post
I guess some areas are starved for contests, because I can't imagine a contest like this getting a year 2 in GA...not with all the problems everyone has listed...good grief..
To put things in perspective this contests problems were very small to the best of my knowledge--my biggest probs were tall grass, kinda rough ground and the organisers never made the rounds meeting the teams--others had some electrical probs from different 'causes more than likely--been to established contests with more probs--its all in how problems are handled by the organisers--
This is a pretty close contest for us but I didn't want to like it just because it is in 'The Dells'--a huge tourist trap town but even after the judges didn't like our grub much probably will return next year
KCBS #9269 and #4605
Blazen Gridiron
BWS Competitor--sold
BWS Pro Jr--sold
BWS party(all SS)
BDS--on loan
BGE
2Fat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-24-2010, 02:52 PM   #42
Boss Hog Wild
Knows what a fatty is.

Congrats to all the Brethren that got to take a walk. A very nice listing. Daisy judged and I was a table captain so we couldn't spend any time with old friends and make new ones until our job was done. Wish we had had more time to visit and say hello to everyone. When we were done, we were busy trying to promote UP Hog Wild so we barely had a moment to say hello to most people. It was great to see the folks we got to visit with.

[FONT=Palatino Linotype][EMAIL="[email protected]"][email protected][/EMAIL][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype][URL="http://www.uphogwild.com"]www.uphogwild.com[/URL][/FONT]
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Iron Mountain, MI[/FONT]

[I]We're only allowed to do this as long as we have fun! :lol:[/I]
Boss Hog Wild is offline   Reply With Quote