Smoker Advice

cabledawg

Reaction score
Here is a pic of the current smoker I have. i tried it out last weekend with ok results. There is no vents for temp control. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with this smoker and it any mods can be done to improve the performance.

Attachments

• 728649739555xl.jpg
    728649739555xl.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 137
Isn't there some sort of opening in the bottom base pan to allow air in? I assume there is a separate charcoal pan in there.
Those things can be easily modified into great little smokers.

I've seen several good mods for that Master Forge vertical smoker. In fact I had thought of buying one myself.

There is a hole in the bottom of the green pan shown in the picture. Inside of that pan is a charcoal pan that is removable. The charcoal pan has hole in the side and slits in the bottom.

There is a hole in the bottom of the green pan shown in the picture. Inside of that pan is a charcoal pan that is removable. The charcoal pan has hole in the side and slits in the bottom.

I added a vent control to the bottom of my Brinkman as shown.

You also need to elevate your charcoal within the charcoal pan by installing a charcoal grate an inch or two up and enclose it with some expanded metal to contain the charcoal.

These are your two most important mods. You can probably get by with your existing exhaust vent on your unit.

It really doesn't matter what brand smoker you have. Most of these water smokers are designed similarly.

P1060018.jpg

Back