Friday night ribs

Ron_L

Administrator
Staff member
Name or Nickame
Captain Ron
These were supposed to be Thursday night ribs, but I postponed the cook until today because of rain.

I started out with a couple of racks of St. Louis trimmed pork spare ribs. I couldn't find the kosher ribs that Vinny is so fond of, but these looked good.

IMG_4412.JPG

I rubbed them with my competition rub and put them into the FEC at 275. Here they are after three hours, just before foiling.

IMG_4419.JPG

And here they are after four hours total with the glaze applied...

IMG_4420.JPG

I cut the ribs into three bone portions and added some hash browns and steamed veggies...

IMG_4422.JPG

One rack was about 2.75 lbs and the other was almost three pounds. The lighter rack was slightly overcooked, but the bigger one was just right.

Not only would it hit it, I'd slap it and spank it too!! That is off the hook Ron!! 3 Bone cut is the way to go. That hash is calling my name too. So are the veggies......though I might not want to admit that in front of all these carnivores!!:-D

Nice!!

Bob

What Ausz and BobbyB. said!:cool:

Smelling the pork from my drum and looking at these pics at 11.00am = not good!

Got me a hankerin for ribs but I kinda think I'm gonna spy out me some beef ones this time since it's been a month of sundays since I've had em.

Looking good Ron. Wanted to do some ribs this weekend but no time... so sad for me.

Man those are some nice looking ribs.

"hold my plate out and bugging for 3 rib section"

:)

Those are some nice looking ribs:clap2: Do you need to foil why using the FEC?:confused:

No. You don't need to foil in any cooker. I switch back and forth depending on my mood. I got a late start due to meetings so I foiled mainly to speed up the cook.

just curious what you put in your foil?

For these I used AJ, brown sugar and honey. No butter or butter-like products :-D For home use I normally don't make them that sweet, but they were still good.

That looks REALLY nice. After last weekend, my wife reminded me that we'd had 11 racks of ribs over the previous three weekends and that perhaps that would be enough for a while. I didn't know there was an "enough" when it came to ribs, but I think I'm on the wagon for now. I'll just have to be satisfied with drooling at the posted pron.

Nice ribs. Fer Sure.

I've got a few racks of spares on right now, first time on UDS.
I'll post after I EAT them!!! Wife & kids are starving! Running late.

Hope they turn out to look as good as yours there!:thumb:

Back