the way of the brisket

what's weird is the consensus seems to be pellets lack smoke and sticks can be too smokey. the way I see it is they are both all wood. I run a clean fire in the stick burner with almost no exhaust. I call this bbq not smoking. smoke is a byproduct of the process and adds flavor just like seasoning. too little and its missing something, too much and it tastes like an ash tray

When I first started smoking meat I over smoked everything. Nobody complained but when I started producing TBS on the offset and pellet smoker people started asking me to cook for events. My wife also stopped complaining about having smoked food all the time and began craving it. I think people are so desensitized to smoke they complain of no smoke flavor on pellet grills or even clean burning offsets. All wood and a clean and hot burning fire is the ultimate in flavor in my opinion. Pellet smokers just make it easy. Baby back maniac did a vid of his mak 2 star and actually said it had a stronger smoke flavor than his stick burner.

This is what I keep tryin' to tell everyone!

nope-animated-gif-10.gif

Back