Youngest Grand Champion ever?

ThomEmery

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I was telling someone about my Son Kyle winning a GC at 19 a RGC at 18 and a
State Championship Category at 21
He asked has anyone ever done that before?
I do not know................. So that is my question today
This is not in name only Head Cookin
Kyle really did do the cook himself.

There is a youngster down this way named Dylan Adams who has won a few awards. I believe he is about 10 years old. He doesn't cook pro division though.

On July 5th, 2006 in Sapulpa, Oklahoma at the Elks lodge July 4th cook off, Whitney Teel age 15 and Walker Clarke, age 16 desired to compete and beat their fathers in at least one category.

We all know that Whitney is the daughter of Donny and Cindy - Buffalo's BBQ and Walker is the son of Bart and Lisa Clarke of Twin Oak Smokin Crew.

Well not only did they beat their fathers in one or more categories, they won Grand Champion at the contest, with about 35-40 teams competing.

They still show up to cook with their families from time to time.

It was a spectacular day!

Note: They were cooking just outside of the judging tent, and their fathers were never ever in their cooking areas. Lisa was their coach but did not cook or help.

Merl

Similar experience occurs when PDQ (Paul Dalton Que) cooks. They are the tweener sons of KC Can Crew and Four Men & a Pig. They won brisket at Osage, and were winners at Polar Swine ( unsanctioned, but brings in several top KCBS teams) great cooks!

Slightly off topic, but Mark Greico's (4 Men and a Pig) son Paul cooked the ribs that were 1st place at the 2009 Jack. Not sure of his age - guessing about 14-15.

Of course there is also Anna Montgomery of Team Top Chick. I think she won her first chicken trophy in Alabama when she was 11.

Back