Some Pastrami pron ....got rye?

Goose

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
displayimage.php

displayimage.php

Followed by a nice cuppa and a Habana Hoyo Montcristo #2

That was exactly what I had planed for today but instead got roped into helping my son move. Had to settle for hamburgers on the gasser by the time I got home. Oh well there is always next weekend. That looks good and will give me more incentive to getter done.
Dave

Hadn't yet thought of making pastrami. Care to PM me your recipie? Nice choice of ISOM for a follow up. ;)

Hadn't yet thought of making pastrami. Care to PM me your recipie? Nice choice of ISOM for a follow up. ;)

No secret..:biggrin: just fresh coriander seeds, fresh cracked pepper and 7.5 hours at 235.

How did you cure it? Did you start with a small brisket flat? Or a corned beef? Never made pastrami or even knew what exactly it was made from.

Beatuiful. I have been toying around with the idea of making meeseff a pastrami. I gotta get to it!

Goose, that is beautiful... simply beautiful!

Vic - you know you want to make one... do it! Surprisingly, I'd never had pastrami until I made my own... and while I'll do the next one a bit different, everyone who had a sample loved it, so apparently I did something right. :)

How did you cure it? Did you start with a small brisket flat? Or a corned beef? Never made pastrami or even knew what exactly it was made from.

Around Saint Patricks day the market had Corned beeves on sale for .79 a lb, so I stocked up:biggrin:.
I have made corned beef from scratch in the past using Alton Browns method with very nice results.

Great looking pastrami! Did you finish it in a the pressure cooker? Looks very moist.:mrgreen:

Hey neighbor, I didn't get my invite!

You sliced it sooo thin...how? Maybe I'll make some more in the near future, yours looks great!

Hey neighbor, I didn't get my invite!

You sliced it sooo thin...how? Maybe I'll make some more in the near future, yours looks great!

Where you been?

Sharp knife and nerves of steel...LOL :biggrin:

Back