13th Place Chicken

Pig Headed

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Move over Sled. I got 13th place chicken at the Galvenells comp this weekend. Hand over the trophy.:evil:

Attachments

• IMG_1356.jpg
    IMG_1356.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 203
13th:eusa_clap...Steve your in trouble now, that's some might good lookin' 13th place chicken...PS I think Big Barry is the current reigning champ who also holds the chicken:biggrin:

Congratulations and Welocme to the the exclusive 13th Chicken society. I almost had it again this past weekend. I came 12 out 12. Was supposed to be 13 teams but one team dropped out at the last minute. They way my chicken came out they would of beat me as well so I almost knocked off my 5th 13th place

Move over Sled. I got 13th place chicken at the Galvenells comp this weekend. Hand over the trophy.:evil:

Your chicken appearance looks fine. I would have given you an 8 for appearance. What were your taste and tenderness marks?

I dont know if congrats is the word I am looking for..... but congrats anyway!:-D

good looking yard bird!!!!

Your chicken appearance looks fine. I would have given you an 8 for appearance. What were your taste and tenderness marks?

Chicken scores:
888 754 777 778 788 878 = 148.01

No skin on chicken, Plowboys Yardbird rub.

I would agree I looked that picture several times and did not realize it did not have skin. Love the way the plowboys and sauce make it look like skin. I bet it is bite through.

Congrads

Last edited:
754?!?!?!?!

are you kidding me? chalk up another one to consistent judging!

kinda liking that no skin thing you have goin on there

Actually they are pretty consistant Sean, except for the one judge and his score gets dropped.

This was a small MABA sanctioned comp of 20 teams. We decided it was a great weekend to experiment. I had prepped the chicken as usual with skin on and decided to try something different, so I took the skin off. I thought that it was hard to tell that there wasn't skin on 'til you bit into it. We experimented with everything. 3rd pulled pork,7th ribs,7th brisket. We thought the brisket really sucked and was shocked by the 7th place. 6th place overall.

Back