MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 04-07-2012, 12:52 PM   #1
GreenDrake
is One Chatty Farker

Default Got a comp in North Idaho in late June

It's on the PNWBA Schedule. Good to have something close by for a full friday/saturday comp event. Not sure, don't think it's a qualifier but in my case, I don't care, just glad to have something close to home. Slated for June 29 and 30 in the Silver Valley. JacKass Kickin BBQ Cookoff. Wahoooo.
GreenDrake is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-07-2012, 10:52 PM   #2
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Yup! Just approved by the BOD!

I had reservations at first, because of the KCBS event the same weekend in Meridian ID, but its over 400 miles away. Helluva time trying to Google Silver Valley Idaho!

Have you marked this one on your calendar for August yet?

08/15/12
to
08/16/12 Montana State BBQ at Montana Fair Billings, MT
STATE CHAMPIONSHIP
Contact: Connie Wattz Phone: 406-256-2410. [email protected]
KCBS Reps: GENE GOYCOCHEA, LARRY HADLEY

August 15-16 Wednesday & Thursday??? Is this for real??
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2012, 11:14 AM   #3
JD McGee

We were gonna cook the KCBS event in Meridian...but cancelled to cook this one just for the chance to compete against "Brown Chicken...Brown Cow"... See ya there guys!
JD & Rhana
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2012, 11:46 AM   #4
swamprb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD McGee View Post
We were gonna cook the KCBS event in Meridian...but cancelled to cook this one just for the chance to compete against "Brown Chicken...Brown Cow"... See ya there guys!
JD & Rhana
Not just for the bragging rights to try to beat "Off Constantly"?
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #5
dgassaway
Full Fledged Farker

If anybody can beat "Off Constantly" it's JD! Hand over fist he's got 'em beat.
1 Weber 22.5 with Rib-O-Lator & [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Blue][COLOR=Navy][COLOR=DarkOrange][B]Orange[/B][/COLOR] Thermopen[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]
____________[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=2][COLOR=midnightblue][FONT=Verdana]

PNWBA Board Member | CBJ #200356[/FONT]
Smokin' HOT Grillfriends | Wellseasoned & The CanadaQ Crew BBQ Team
Event Organizer: Big Red Barn Burner | Cloverdale Cowboy Cook-off | BBQ on the By Pass[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
dgassaway is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-09-2012, 04:54 AM   #6
GreenDrake
is One Chatty Farker

Always fun to see you fellas. We were looking at the two events in Boise, but that is a bit of a drive to pay twice what most comps cost and have no power. Thinking I need to have some bumper stickers made for those of you who beat us. Humility in BBQ is that I cannot tease anyone until we prove our worth. So in the meantime, I will happily take the ribbing until we get the hardware.

Just glad to see a comp closer to home. If I can offer up any help to those of you folks heading this way for that event, please let me know. There are some great places to stay in the area, the Silver Valley is a beautiful place, pretty rural, but along the rivers and the mountains in the area are a nice backdrop for a comp. If anyone plans to crash in Kellogg, you can score some really nice digs at the Condos at the base of Silver Mountain ski resort.

Old 04-16-2012, 11:23 AM   #7
JD McGee

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamprb View Post
Not just for the bragging rights to try to beat "Off Constantly"?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dgassaway View Post
If anybody can beat "Off Constantly" it's JD! Hand over fist he's got 'em beat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDrake View Post
Always fun to see you fellas. We were looking at the two events in Boise, but that is a bit of a drive to pay twice what most comps cost and have no power. Thinking I need to have some bumper stickers made for those of you who beat us. Humility in BBQ is that I cannot tease anyone until we prove our worth. So in the meantime, I will happily take the ribbing until we get the hardware.

Just glad to see a comp closer to home. If I can offer up any help to those of you folks heading this way for that event, please let me know. There are some great places to stay in the area, the Silver Valley is a beautiful place, pretty rural, but along the rivers and the mountains in the area are a nice backdrop for a comp. If anyone plans to crash in Kellogg, you can score some really nice digs at the Condos at the base of Silver Mountain ski resort.
You guys ain't right! Chris...we are very much looking forward to your event. We will need a room for a couple of nights for sure...something close to the site would be awesome!
Cheers!
JD

Old 04-16-2012, 05:24 PM   #8
GreenDrake
is One Chatty Farker

Brian, just google Kellogg, Idaho. Chris and I are heading to the meeting Wednesday night to get the skinny on what all we will be doing and needing. I am hoping for power but planning on being self sustained, not a real issue. JD, I think there is a Super 8 in the parking lot area right there at the base of Silver Mountain Ski resort but I bet I could score some of us some real nice condos that have been empty for years. Let me get working on the inside track to the condo route. I will check with some real estate buddies who have the info on the condos. Last I checked you can get condos cheap in the summer, less than $90 and do all your prep in a nice kitchen while you watch tv, you know how JD needs his beauty rest and all. We can go crash his place. LOL

More information on Thursday when we get back from the meeting. Right now I think they are going to limit it to 19 or 20 teams, which should be easy to fill up with all you crazies and us locals. If there is anything we can help you with in your planning, please just ask. Talk to you fellas in a couple days.

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-19-2012, 06:36 AM   #9
GreenDrake
is One Chatty Farker

OK, we had a great meeting with the board last night to discuss the event. We are shooting for a 6am load in time that Friday morning. There will be plenty of space with minimum pit areas of 20x20 and 30x20 with power, access to water, trash, etc. We took some of the ideas at the Skewered Apple with regard to trash pickup, ice, etc.

This is a non profit fundraiser that will be a qualifier for the State of Idaho. We will have both private parking next to the pit area as well as an access lot in the event someone has a gopher car to run out for items and have guaranteed parking when they come back. It will be in the Sunnyside elementary school parking lot. There will be family events going on in the ball park, other lots and gym to help draw the local crowd out.

I am looking into condo rentals for those of you wanting something more upscale than the hotels in Kellogg, the condos are brand new ski condos right next to the school, walking distance. So are the hotels.

Are there any special needs or requests we can help you guys with? On a side note, the "red solo cup" factor is in play for this event due to it being on school grounds, so no visible adult beverages in shiny cans, wink wink. What is not seen is not seen.

-Greg

Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
JD McGee

Why am I calling you Chris? Anyway...I will be the PNWBA rep for your event...woohoo! Looking forward to working with you to hit it outta the ballpark!