• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Decision made! Let the wait begin...

Brad4450

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I've spent the last couple months trying to figure out what cooker I'm going to buy. I've been all over this forum, on youtube, doing google searches, taking notes. Heck I even made an excel spreadsheet. I've gotten quotes from a number of builders and I keep coming back to "I want a Shirley, but I don't want to wait 2+ years".

Well, last night I finally said heck with it. Talked it over with my better half and she said go for it. On payday Tyler is going to be getting a deposit and I'm going to be in line for a shiny new Shirly Fab trailer! I'm going to pick up a WSM to play with for the next couple summers and once I get my new trailer I'll leave the WSM up at our cabin in northern MI.

Can't tell you all how pumped I am now that the decision has been made and I can stop agonizing about it! Come on Christmas 2020!

Funny how we agonize over the decision and could have ordered it 6 months sooner... i did the same thing but it was only 1 year back then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Funny how we agonize over the decision and could have ordered it 6 months sooner... i did the same thing but it was only 1 year back then.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

No kidding. In this case I only lost a couple of months. But on the upside, after all the looking around I did I'm 100% confident I'm making the correct decision for myself. I'm only buying one of these things (famous last words), might as well get the one I want. Also I have a 3 month old son and I figure by the time this arrives he'll be old enough to come out and help dad cook!

Congrats!! Now we all have to wait two years to see it!!! LOL

Congrats!! Now we all have to wait two years to see it!!! LOL

When you say it like that it seems like a long time! lol. But this will give me time to decide what I want and then change my mind multiple times before I get "the call" :becky:

Congrats Brad! Just for some confidence boost, I hopped on the list in January and I have to say the months click by quick! Yep I changed my mind on some things already. You probably will too. One of the benefits of the wait. Also, consider just how much more appreciative we’ll be!

Congrats Brad! Just for some confidence boost, I hopped on the list in January and I have to say the months click by quick! Yep I changed my mind on some things already. You probably will too. One of the benefits of the wait. Also, consider just how much more appreciative we’ll be!

You said it! I figure with a 4 month old baby at home I'll be too busy to focus on the wait. Also gives me plenty of time to save up $ for any extras I decide I want! In the meantime she's letting me buy a WSM so I can at least ditch the propane smoker for the next couple summers.

Back