MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Brethren Bashes

Notices

Brethren Bashes Bash Notes, Information on up and coming, Bash Bites.. etc..

Old 04-05-2018, 07:15 AM   #31
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Hotch

We may leave Shirley at home and cook on the R&V Deep Fryer this Fall.

The Texas BBQ Brethren Bash is Changing in 2025
Hotch is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2018, 07:36 AM   #32
pjtexas1
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Texas Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotch View Post
We may leave Shirley at home and cook on the R&V Deep Fryer this Fall.
I know I heard a few say they missed all the fried meat/art that we have grown accustomed to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
SF 24x36 Midnight Edition / Mak 1-Star /Abe's 48" Insulated Cabinet / 22.5 OTG / 28" BS / Jimmy with CB Roti and pizza kit / Red Box on custom cart / Char-Griller Kettle / Barrel House Cooker / Pit Boss Copperhead / Char-Griller Akorn Jr

Sign Up for The 2022 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash Here! ([URL="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12NjP4bH3uLyH6-RJnI4gSfDr0nKQ6_4cxdw_GhmrKq0/edit#gid=1935530835"]Link[/URL])
pjtexas1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from:--->
Old 04-05-2018, 07:41 AM   #33
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjtexas1 View Post
I know I heard a few say they missed all the fried meat/art that we have grown accustomed to.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
As long as we enough cookers there!
Also may try to rent an RV this year and stay at the park.

Old 04-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #34
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

I need a passport.
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote
Thanks from: --->
Old 04-10-2018, 08:01 AM   #35
frognot
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : Charles

Hey Kathy! Long time no see.

Would love to have ya join us at a bash!

Large Big Green Egg

"If you really care about this place, you'll show some respect for it." deguerre

"Bludawg looks just like I thought he would. Frognot looks like Tuffy Stone's dad!" aawa

" . . . which includes frognot, who is a SoCal Pharker by now" gtr
frognot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2018, 08:52 AM   #36
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

I would love to join in, too! I've been wanting to go to a Brethren bash since I started lurking here years ago. This year could be it but I'm really not sure yet. The great help is that your bash is far enough away to give time to get a passport and figure out logistics. I like that I heard camping, I haven't heard about dogs yet. My dog would have to come with, it would be too long a stint to leave him with my mother (for Raffy, not my mom). Before I say too much I should have a passport in hand.

Is the address 3790 Cedar Ridge Park Rd, Temple, TX 76502? (1510 miles, 2430 km from Guelph.)
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Old 04-10-2018, 08:58 AM   #37
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

The event will be:
Overlook Pavilion at Lake Belton
3110 FM 2271
Belton, TX 76513

There is a state park, Live Oak Ridge, just across the dam for camping.

https://www.recreation.gov/camping/l...O&parkId=71264

And dogs are OK at the Bash! Probably best if on a leash though as it is wide open area.

Last edited by Hotch; 04-10-2018 at 09:05 AM..
Old 04-10-2018, 09:07 AM   #38
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Thanks, Hotch! As long as my momma's boy Raffy is with me, he's happy on a leash. I corrected the address in Mapquest, the distance is about the same. How does it work for overnight cooks if the camp ground is separate from the bash site?

Old 04-10-2018, 09:14 AM   #39
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy's Smokin' View Post
Thanks, Hotch! As long as my momma's boy Raffy is with me, he's happy on a leash. I corrected the address in Mapquest, the distance is about the same. How does it work for overnight cooks if the camp ground is separate from the bash site?
Paul would be the one to ask. He lives a stone's throw from the Pavilion!
I think Live Oak Ridge has grills at each of the RV/Camp sites. The web site may have more info:

Facilities: Live Oak Ridge
This park offers 48 sites that range from wooded to open sun. All campsites have water and electric hookups, plus a covered table and grill. Campers have access to restrooms with flush toilets and hot showers, a two-lane boat ramp and a dump station.

The park is staffed with full-time gate attendants. Free wireless internet is available for registered guests, and a camper service center can be used for group parties, meetings and laundry facilities.

Would be great to have you come down. Then I can tell you about when I spent a year working in Mississauga/Toronto for the Drive Clean program!

Old 04-10-2018, 09:32 AM   #40
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Would love to hear your Mississauga and Toronto stories - I lived in Toronto the first 42 years of my life.

I have a lot to learn about bashes, would be fantastic to start my studies at that beautiful park, thanks for the link, brother. How exciting! I just wrote 'TEXAS' all over my daytimer from Oct 14 to Nov 4.

Thanks from: --->
Old 04-11-2018, 11:39 AM   #41
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Kathy would you be driving or flying down for the Texas Bash?

Old 04-11-2018, 12:00 PM   #42
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Driving with my dog as co-pilot. I checked into the time needed for passports -- approximately 4 weeks to process and mail once received so that's not an issue. I'll get the photos done and ready for when I'm with someone official who's known me long enough to be a guarantor. Told my mom about it last night, she's quite put-out she doesn't get to watch Raffy for the ~3 weeks. Cute, eh? I'm going to plan some Brethren stops on the way (Tish, Chambers). The prospects are very exciting.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:04 PM   #43
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Might I bother you to bring along a six pack or two of Sleeman beer?
I'm told it was a favorite beer of a good friend who just passed, Little Steven.
I'd like to drink a few in his honor. Nowhere to be found around here.

Old 04-11-2018, 12:06 PM   #44
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

Of course! They come in a few versions, what would you like to try?

http://sleeman.ca/en/our-beers

Is that Little Steven of the Underground Garage?

Old 04-11-2018, 12:11 PM   #45
Hotch
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathy's Smokin' View Post
Of course! They come in a few versions, what would you like to try?

http://sleeman.ca/en/our-beers

Is that Little Steven of the Underground Garage?
I think the original. As he was one.
Steve Nelson, a long time Egghead from Caledon, ON.
One great guy.