The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Recipes Smoke Signals Magazine Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-17-2017, 06:59 AM   #16
alecksjaycubs
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by CakeM1x View Post
Too bad the big joe hinge can't be retrofitted to the old models.
They mentioned in a FB post that they "are working on adapter kit".
Ranch Kettle, '69 Redhead (Jessica), Copper Performer, Jumbo Joe, MAK 1 Star #0005 (Meathead), Carson Rodizios, PK Grill, PK360, Roccbox
alecksjaycubs is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2017, 11:26 AM   #17
redhawk
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_Holliday View Post
Agree...I like the Summit charcoal well enough, but for me I am looking forward to trying out the ceramic cooking. I don't see much difference between the summit and my current Weber Kettle to be honest, certainly not $1500 worth of difference. That said, I've not seen the summit in person.
I haven't seen one either, but they would be intriguing if I was in the market for a Kamado. As Babyback Maniac has pointed out it is basically a Kamado and works like one. It has the following benefits over a ceramic:

Superior ash management system
Easier to light charcoal
Lighter and easier to move
Won't crack
Comes with a built in cart and or table
Can move the charcoal grate up or down for searing or smoking
Comes with all of the accessories you need out of the box
If you over shoot your temps, it is easier to get them back down
redhawk is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-17-2017, 01:00 PM   #18
Doc_Holliday
Got Wood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhawk View Post
I haven't seen one either, but they would be intriguing if I was in the market for a Kamado. As Babyback Maniac has pointed out it is basically a Kamado and works like one. It has the following benefits over a ceramic:

Superior ash management system
Easier to light charcoal
Lighter and easier to move
Won't crack
Comes with a built in cart and or table
Can move the charcoal grate up or down for searing or smoking
Comes with all of the accessories you need out of the box
If you over shoot your temps, it is easier to get them back down
All very solid points that I considered, and it's a beautiful unit for sure. I live in an area that wind and snow are an issue in the winter months and I just don't see the summit being as insulated as a ceramic cooker. Not to mention, and this is just me, I'm struggling with the idea of near 2k for stamped metal.
Doc_Holliday is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->