Gettin' the new WSM DIRTY! W/ PRON! *** ADDED!***

GreasePig

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Well, my new WSM has been sitting on the patio for about a week. Due to hectic life and company being in town etc., etc., I am JUST NOW getting it dirty!

Gotta share with my Brethren!

DSCN0812.jpg

Wife got me a new chimney too! Said the old one was lowering the property value or some such woman thing!

DSCN0813.jpg

Chicken on SALE this week (1.29/lb) non-"enhanced" too btw!

DSCN0815.jpg

DSCN0816.jpg

A Lil' Yardbird one one and Dizzy Pig on the other.

DSCN0818.jpg

They look happy...

DSCN0819.jpg

Then of course the rains came... Wind started howling and could NOT get the temps up past 180 for a farking hour. Finally the wind died down and she locked in at 225 nicely.

DSCN0820.jpg

Can't light the smoker without throwing on some ABT's can ya?

DSCN0821.jpg

DSCN0822.jpg

A lil' trick we use on abt's is to throw a piece of sliced cheese on top of the cream cheese before wrapping. Kinda keeps it all together. Using Muenster here. Nice flavor. Dusted half with Spicewine Hen and Hog and the other half with Smokin' in the Dark Spicy.

DSCN0823.jpg

Got MOINK?

DSCN0824.jpg

A lil' more Hen and Hog on top. The sweetness of this rub goes GREAT with ABT's and MOINK in my opinion.

DSCN0825.jpg

DSCN0826.jpg

More in a while. Hoping the chicken will be done in another hour or so!

Last edited:
The chix look like they're having a good time in there.:p
Nice pron. Got that cooker dialed in already.

Paul

The smaller bird is DONE! 160 breast temp. and clear juices.
DSCN0828.jpg

ABTs Were farking good too!

Bigger bird needs another 30 minutes or so I think. About another 10 degrees.
That and the MOINKs needed a lil saucing!
DSCN0831.jpg

Happy DAY!

Last edited:
What a great way to break in the new smoker!! Awesome looking grub and pron!

Saw the Plowboys and Spicewine rubs........thanks for supporting Brethren and Missouri products!

Food looks good!

Dang!...That made me hungry and I just ate dinner.... Those birds look tasty, and I'm gonna' make me some of them Abt's...

firecrackerjack

Saw the Plowboys and Spicewine rubs........thanks for supporting Brethren and Missouri products!

Food looks good!

Thanks guys! Wife is happy too! (That's always a bonus!)

Being a NWA guy I always try to support the neighbors!

Hard to beat those rubs too! I am addicted to trying different rubs, but Yardbird is AWESOME and Spicewine's Hen and Hog is the perfect lil' dash of sweet on stuff too!

that chicken looks like trash - do yourself a major favor...when the next one comes off the smoker, vacuum pack it, box it up in a cooler with the spices you were using and send them to me to ea..err...dispose of.

btw, congrats on the new smoker, the great looking food (minus what you're shipping here) and the awesome looking lawn...

Dan

I made a Happy Plate!

DSCN0832.jpg

Thanks guys! Now I need a nap!

I'm happy with the performance on the WSM. Once the wind died down and I was able to get it to temp it locked in like a champ.

Wow, that does look like a happy plate, I would be happy to sit down to that.

tell me when to expect my package...can't wait to sit down to such a happy plate :):)

First of all, awesome pics---but is it just me or did you light the coals with the chimney upside-down? Was a there a method to you madness?

First of all, awesome pics---but is it just me or did you light the coals with the chimney upside-down? Was a there a method to you madness?

Minion method. I had a the ring full of non lit. Lit about 30 bricks in the bottom of the chimney and dumped them on top of the unlit.

Minion method. I had a the ring full of non lit. Lit about 30 bricks in the bottom of the chimney and dumped them on top of the unlit.

Ummm...okay, I guess one of us have misunderstood the Minion method. My understanding is that the unlit charcoal goes into the firebox/grill/whatever in a ring shape or a pile and the burning coals are poured on top or in the middle or beside the unlit coals so that the lighted coals ignite the unlit coals for a more consistent/longer burn time - not that they are lighted together in a single chimney.

Brethren, help us out...maybe GreasePig has invented a new method...

that looks amazing. making ABTs this weekend, the japs are .78 a pound around here now.

Ummm...okay, I guess one of us have misunderstood the Minion method. My understanding is that the unlit charcoal goes into the firebox/grill/whatever in a ring shape or a pile and the burning coals are poured on top or in the middle or beside the unlit coals so that the lighted coals ignite the unlit coals for a more consistent/longer burn time - not that they are lighted together in a single chimney.

Brethren, help us out...maybe GreasePig has invented a new method...

As I read it, you both said the same thing.

Back