Pitmaker vault or assassin

Hornnumb2

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I am racking my brain trying to figure out which one to buy. Are you able to get the long cooks using a charcoal pattern on the pitmaker. I saw the thread about people having problems controlling temps is this with a older style? The assassin is a great deal with the guru controller. If I did the pitmaker I would have to put off the controller until I had more money. Thanks Michael

You might want to look at the Rebels:-D
They are a gravity feed smoker:mod:
I have a Rebel 17
I love mine :roll:
F009A74A-871D-43CC-AB2E-DBFDF444E288_zpscfr1dx6s.jpg

Good luck:thumb:

Take a look at a Stumps. FireCraft.com has them in stock. No waiting.

JM2C keep your cash in Tejas. Get the pit maker you won't regret it and as a Bonus no shipping costs other than a few bucs in gas to pick it up.

Have you visited pitmakers shop? Awesome pits.

I'm with Bludawg keep the money here, people pay big bucks to have the vault shipped and you can go pick it up.

It will be a longer wait with pitmaker

I am racking my brain trying to figure out which one to buy. Are you able to get the long cooks using a charcoal pattern on the pitmaker. I saw the thread about people having problems controlling temps is this with a older style? The assassin is a great deal with the guru controller. If I did the pitmaker I would have to put off the controller until I had more money. Thanks Michael

I have the Assassin 28 and it's an excellent cooker. The customer service is top notch, the build quality is very nice and the performance is exactly what I wanted. I run mine with a Stoker WIFI.

I really liked the look of the Pitmaker pits, but I had read of some people having some minor issues with them. I can't remember if it had to do with the preheat or if it would run too hot. There was something which I had seen in several posts that made me choose the Assassin. For the price and capacity (mine has six racks), it's pretty darn hard to beat.

The only thing that I don't like about the Assassin is the rear access for the firebox. It means I cannot place the cooker where I really want it, but it's a minor issue and part of how it's designed. The Rebel with the side box might have worked a little better for my patio configuration, but I have zero regrets. It runs like a top.

I am very pleased with my vault, no problems with temps and can cook 250 for 10-12 hours no problem. Cooking wings right now at 325 and once you learn how to adjust for the desired temp it will take care of itself. Built like a tank and will outlast me for sure.

comparing apples to oranges one is water cooker (moisture in cooking chamber) other is sit it a forget it dry smoker not like stick burner

I was looking at an assassin, but found a used safe and am a waiting delivery, the previous owner was a grand champ and was only selling to start catering a needed a larger pit

Well came across the vault yesterday on craigslist, used but comes with 2 extra racks, ash pan and wifi guru with 2 fans. I need to make a cart for it but it should work out and no waiting....Michael

Attachments

• pitmaker.jpg
    pitmaker.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 466
Get a Lonestargrillz cooker..Made in texas, larger and cheaper than the vault. I may be a little biased :)

Attachments

• smoker on patio.jpg
    smoker on patio.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 453
I love my Assassin 28 it's an awesome smoker for the money, a lot of bang for the buck. The rebel line is made in the same shop as the assassin and is the same style of cooker. The customer service with the Assassin is second to none. Robin and Jeff are excellent to deal with. When buying your smoker take your time deciding and get the type of cooker that will best suit your needs. Good luck!

Were you able to get it? Decent smokers never last long.

If you can get a fair price, snatch it up, well worth it and I like red. You can always make a cart

Yes I own it, he went hunting for a few days and is going to deliver it on Thursday. The side that is not picture has some paint rubbed off at the top where it fell over when they where putting it own the trailer. but other than some scratched paint I see no other damage.

Anybody know the Byran Rabe that made the adapter plate for his. I would love to have one of those as it still has the old slide damper.

Back