San Francisco Q

F

frankenswine

I am going to be out in San Fran later this week. Was wondering if anyone out that way could recomend any good Q joints. Being unable to cook I will need a place to take care of my Q fix for the weekend.

I am going to be out in San Fran later this week. Was wondering if anyone out that way could recomend any good Q joints. Being unable to cook I will need a place to take care of my Q fix for the weekend.

Got a specific area you're going to? For some San Francisco is the whole 'bay area.' Will you have transportation?

If you like "BBQed oysters" drive over the GG Bridge and drive the 101 over to Tamales. You'll see lots of restaurant signs as you get closer.

As far as what we brethren consider to be good Q, you're going to have to travel by car or BART to Oakland and visit Everett and Jones BBQ. http://www.eandjbbq.com In all my trips to SF, I have yet to find a real BBQ joint in the city. You really have to go to Oakland for that. These guys are the best in the Bay Area.

If you want some ok restaurant ribs IN the city of SF, then I suggest the Hard Knox Cafe. They have a good menu, overall, but ehh Q. Everett and Jones Q for sure, though! They're it!

I am flying into oakland and then going down to pier 39 to show my daughter around. Sounds like Everett and Jones BBQ might be a good choice. Thanks for the info..

I am flying into oakland and then going down to pier 39 to show my daughter around. Sounds like Everett and Jones BBQ might be a good choice. Thanks for the info..

If that's your plan then E&J is the way to go.

Back