Introducing.....my first UDS....and first smoker at all!

scguy2473

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
I've been lurking here on the forums for a little while now so I figured I'd thank you all for the great information on this site and share with you my first smoker ever, a Carolina Panthers UDS. I hope to start smoking tomorrow! Thanks again!

Tony
Lexington, SC

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 285
Yeah I'm sorry. This is my first post and did it on my phone so I'm not sure how to rotate it. It's not like that in my phone.

Looks really nice:

24l7k1y.jpg

Where are the intakes?

Nice slide intake. Had to put my eyeballs up against the screen to see it

Yeah I wasn't too keen on the look of pipes sticking out at the bottom so I made a sliding intake using some ideas from different people on this site. It's made out of aluminum flashing and pop rivets. The plan is to eventually replace it with a nice BGE sliding intake.

I'm hoping all goes well and the wifey enjoys the food so I can justify making another one....either Patriots or Clemson. I really enjoyed the masking and painting part of building this one!

With that team logo, it hardly qualifies as an "ugly" smoker. Nice looking drum and great pick on the team! :thumb:

I was just about to compliment you on the excellent choice of team and you had to go and bring the Patriots into the mix.:loco:

Sharp lookin' UDS.

Haters gonna hate!? :) but hey....I will always pull for the home team. I lived in Massachusetts for 13 years and endured an embarrassing NFL history....let us Pats fans have our day in the sun!

Back