MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-09-2011, 03:14 PM   #1
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Blue, you're my boy!! CL Score, TnT Smoker (pics)

So just picked up my latest smoker on CL and it is awesome. I love the blue color. It is one of the TnT Southern Smokers. Even though I have loved my 22 WSM ever since I bought it towards the beginning of the year my dream smoker (at least for the moment) was always Stumps. From all the people I have talked to at competitions who have the insulated gravity fed models (mostly Stumps) they absolutely love them.

Not that I need this much space all the time, but these types of smoker offer the advantages of being able to smoke a lot of food for even 100-200 people, but also burn so efficiently you could just smoke a rack of ribs for yourself. It runs as efficiently as my WSM in terms of charcoal burn rate, at least during the first 2 smokes.

I recently went on CL for my daily BBQ search and saw this sucker for a great price. Much less than Stumps. It is used of course and when I went out to look at it the guy actually had 2 Stumps as well in his backyard. They all looked awesome. But like a lot of us he really didn't need them all. So after talking BBQ for a while I made the decision to pull the plug. He even delivered it.

My first 2 smokes ran great. I hooked up my iQue110 and the smoker held temp dead on. There was about a 25 degree difference from top to bottom, but when I put foil on the bottom rack it went to a 10 degree difference. More of a wider baffle.

The only thing that may not be perfect design wise for me is the charcoal chimney is in the back vs the side, but the way I have it sitting in my setup that doesn't matter to me. Once it is lit and going it isn't like you are doing much to it anyways. This was one of their more "original" models I was told.

Any other Stumps/gravity fed users out there that love them?

Here is "Blue" next to mine and my buddies WSMs. Borrowed his for a larger cook. Won't have to do that anymore :).

4 Racks. They are 24"x25".

Chimney

Ball Valve

Ashes

Old 06-09-2011, 03:21 PM   #2
Fatback Joe
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnbish View Post
Any other Stumps/gravity fed users out there that love them?

Here!!

Congrats on the new purchase.

WSM
Medium Spicewine
Stumps GF223
Humphrey's GF Tank II
24 x 60 Shirley Fabrication
Fatback Joe is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-09-2011, 03:46 PM   #3
colonel00
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Looks good
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-09-2011, 05:22 PM   #4
Rubmybutt
Full Fledged Farker

Congrats on your score!

You'll have a lot of fun with that!
Fast Eddy 100-Backwoods Competitor- Backwoods Extended Party-Cookshack SM-160 Weber Smokey Mountian 22.5-New Broanfels offset-Fire Majic Aurora 660A-Weber Genisis (1979)-Weber Genisis 330-Weber Performer-Weber kettle 22.5
Cajun Injector turkey fryer
Fastest [COLOR=darkorange]ORANGE[/COLOR] splash-proof Thermapan BBQ Guru WIFI.
Just one my first chili cookoff Dec 1st 2012
Rubmybutt is offline   Reply With Quote