MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-01-2009, 09:21 PM   #181
cowgirl
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjus77 View Post
GOOD ONE! When I first saw this post, I thought it must be from last year and someone resurrected it since it was sooooo long. Excellent job as always Jeanie. I'm going to call the food channel and ask if they want to do a show with you.... never showing ur face. Maybe make you wear a helmet cam or something to watch you do all these wonderful things with your awesome toys and food. Love ya gurl....xoxox

Country Girls ROCK!
lol I'd rather have my own fishing show.

Thanks tjus!! (((HUG)))

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-01-2009, 09:45 PM   #182
Crazy Harry
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheart View Post
OK ... I can get dry ice at the local Publix. Pack it at the UPS Store. But I think it will have to be a 2 day delivery since you are in the country. Heck, when I lived in western ND, I couldn't get anything over-nighted to me and I lived in town. So look for the UPS truck the day after tomorrow. I sent it to

Jeannie Cowgirl
The Deer Camp
Western Oklahoma

so it might take an extra day to get to ya.
too much hassle with shipping dry ice overnight. instead get some mason jars ( or ball jars) and can the broth pressure cooker mod. then you can ship it easier.

Cowgirl,.....I'm speechless keep up the excellent work.
Crazy Harry is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 06:36 AM   #183
rolf
Full Fledged Farker

THATS BIG! Aeh PIG. Overwhelmed....

Old 12-02-2009, 07:57 AM   #184
Phubar

Quote:
Originally Posted by deguerre View Post
Pretty dang long so far!

Went to sleep for a couple of hours last night when I woke up I allready missed 4 pages!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 08:35 AM   #185
deguerre

Not even 48 hours since the initiation of this thread and already 185 posts. Impressive Cowgirl!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 08:47 AM   #186
QuietOne
Full Fledged Farker

Cowgirl. I snaffled that recipe for the shrimp from your Blog. Took a bit of searching for the search challenged that I am. Not sure what's in crab boil and it's unavailable here so tried Old Bay Seasoning instead with a shot of extra red pepper flakes.

Did it up in the oven. Oh my.So good probably better with the Crab Boil. Next time on the drum.

Thank you!!
QuietOne is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 09:19 AM   #187
cowgirl

Thank you Crazy Harry! I do have some canned chicken with broth on hand. I'll heat that up. :)

Rolf...thank you!

Phu and Guerry, If we got rid of the "jeanie doesn't exist" part and the "I've got a cold" part, it would be a lot smaller. Although I do wish my cold didn't exist.

QuietOne, I'm glad to hear that the recipe worked out for you! I've not tried it with old bay, bet it was tasty. The crab boil I use is in liquid form.
Thanks for letting me know.

Old 12-02-2009, 09:28 AM   #188
Redheart
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuietOne View Post
Cowgirl. I snaffled that recipe for the shrimp from your Blog. Took a bit of searching for the search challenged that I am. Not sure what's in crab boil and it's unavailable here so tried Old Bay Seasoning instead with a shot of extra red pepper flakes.

Did it up in the oven. Oh my.So good probably better with the Crab Boil. Next time on the drum.

Thank you!!
Who ever heard of boiling crabs anyway. That's like boiling ribs! Real crabs are steamed
Come on you Chesapeake boys back me up on this. No crab boil is better than Old Bay!
Todd's Crabby Dirt might be the exception ... but then again he is a member here.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:00 AM   #189
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redheart View Post
Who ever heard of boiling crabs anyway. That's like boiling ribs! Real crabs are steamed
Come on you Chesapeake boys back me up on this. No crab boil is better than Old Bay!
Todd's Crabby Dirt might be the exception ... but then again he is a member here.
Yep. Old Bay all the way.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #190
firecracker jack
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Thank you everybody, you're a good group of friends.

FirecrackerJack, you do have to make sure your hot coal bed is deep enough to last for the whole cook, also use a hardwood. I use hedge...
I like to keep the grate a few inches above the hot coals but you can lay the tin and wrapped pig right on top of the coals. The skin isn't edible but it protects the meat and keeps it moist. The wet burlap helps too.

Around here wood isn't that abundant so people use old hedgewood fence posts that have cured for years. When someone replaces miles and miles of fence the hedge posts are grabbed by country cooks like me. lol They are almost like petrified wood. They burn hot and long.

Skip, I cooked this pig in the same location as my last two. I didn't think to look for lump coal. I will check it out tomorrow when it's light enough. I haven't filled the hole in yet.

Hey cowgirl,
Thanks for the info, I truly appreciate you taking your time to share your experience and wisdom. As time goes by I'm working on moving to the right location where I can try a few of these things that you do, ( one I'd like to build a similar smokehouse to your's, and I definitely wanna try the whole hog underground). Currently I'm stuck in a city environment, where I'm renting land for a mobile, so I'm pretty restricted with what I can get away with. But as I type this, I'm at my brothers new place(recently moved to the upper peninsula of Michigan). I'm like so envious I could cry. Wild deer feed at his back porch steps(ok well almost wild, the lady next property over feeds them by hand)...Towns folk said that they saw a small pack of wolves leaving the neighbors drive just the other day(that's what they claim!)
.....And I'm not exactly sure, as the newly fallen snow had somewhat melted, but I could swear I was looking at a bear print while walking the dog out in the drive yesterday.
Anyway while due to the economy in the Detroit area, the world I used to know is currently falling out from underneath me, it however is leaving me the opportunity to maybe move up here to the U.P. as well. (plenty of room for smokehouses and backyard pits).
You do inspire me so, thanks.

firecracker jack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 03:29 PM   #191
cowgirl

Firecracker Jack, Thank you so much! You are so kind.

Your pictures are beautiful!! I'd say your brother has it made. I hope you are able to find a hunk of land of your own in the UP too, I know you will love it.
Thank you for the pictures....they are really awesome!

Old 12-02-2009, 06:40 PM   #192
jacob
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Name/Nickname : Bobby

Jeanie thanks for the recipe, i hunted back through this thread until I found it. I knew it would be here because you said you would post it. A brethren
Courtesy of Ray Lampe
jacob is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 09:17 PM   #193
MemphisQ
On the road to being a farker

cowgirl,
I appreciate what you do very much. I will have to try the shrimp this weekend. Thanks for the recipe. I will probably get over the negative posts later. But being a southern boy, disparaging a ladies character (especially in a public forum) is a little more than I will let slide.

I don't say I am sorry. I make sure I don't do the things that apologizes are needed for. If I say something that offends someone they can bet I meant it and there will be no apologizes.

Apparently nolesfan### apologized. Great. Being a repeat offender, I question the sincerity; but that is just me and my southern upbringing.

Hope you are feeling better cowgirl.
MemphisQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-02-2009, 09:29 PM   #194
cowgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob View Post
Jeanie thanks for the recipe, i hunted back through this thread until I found it. I knew it would be here because you said you would post it. A brethren
Jacob, you are so welcome. I am glad you found the recipe. I didn't realize at the time I posted it, that it would get buried. If you ever need a recipe from me or anything, feel free to shoot me a message.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MemphisQ View Post
cowgirl,
I appreciate what you do very much. I will have to try the shrimp this weekend. Thanks for the recipe. I will probably get over the negative posts later. But being a southern boy, disparaging a ladies character (especially in a public forum) is a little more than I will let slide.

I don't say I am sorry. I make sure I don't do the things that apologizes are needed for. If I say something that offends someone they can bet I meant it and there will be no apologizes.

Apparently nolesfan### apologized. Great. Being a repeat offender, I question the sincerity; but that is just me and my southern upbringing.

Hope you are feeling better cowgirl.
Memphis, you're welcome too. I hope the recipe works out well for you!
You are a true gentleman Memphis....thank you.

Oh yeah.... my head feels like it's the size of a basketball. I'm drinking lots of fluids and resting. Thanks.

Old 12-02-2009, 10:59 PM   #195
GreasePig
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowgirl View Post
Oh yeah.... my head feels like it's the size of a basketball. I'm drinking lots of fluids and resting. Thanks.
A good Hot Toddy can cure a lot of ills...