London Broil

L

Larry Wolfe

London broil seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic. Onions and zuchini marinated with Italian dressing. Turned out pretty good. The rest of the meat will be made into French dip sammiches.
IMG_0070_2.jpg
IMG_0076-1.jpg
IMG_0079-1.jpg
IMG_0081.jpg
albums

MMM French Dip. I bet Philly cheese steak would taste great also.

LB is a difficult cut to master. Looks like you did a good one there.:eusa_clap

Method

With LB being a tough one to master . would you care to share your method. Smoker temp time and at what temp the LB is considered done. Or how long you have it on the smoker.Your pictures look like you have this mastered.

With LB being a tough one to master . would you care to share your method. Smoker temp time and at what temp the LB is considered done. Or how long you have it on the smoker.Your pictures look like you have this mastered.

Jim, I like to do a 'reverse sear' on top round cuts (ie., pit beef and London broil). Season the meat as you normally would then cook indirect in the 245º-260º range until you get an internal temperature of around 105º, remove the meat from the heat and loosely tent with foil. Then crank the heat of the grill up to approximately 500º and return the meat for a finishing sear until it gets to about 5º from your desired finished doneness. I like to pull the top rounds off at 130º. This method gives a more even doneness as well as a very moist more tender finished product. Because you're gradually bringing the internal temp of them meat up, versus shocking it on a screaming hot grill. It also works great on chops and other thick cuts of meat you would typically grill.

Jim, I like to do a 'reverse sear' on top round cuts (ie., pit beef and London broil). Season the meat as you normally would then cook indirect in the 245º-260º range until you get an internal temperature of around 105º, remove the meat from the heat and loosely tent with foil. Then crank the heat of the grill up to approximately 500º and return the meat for a finishing sear until it gets to about 5º from your desired finished doneness. I like to pull the top rounds off at 130º. This method gives a more even doneness as well as a very moist more tender finished product. Because you're gradually bringing the internal temp of them meat up, versus shocking it on a screaming hot grill. It also works great on chops and other thick cuts of meat you would typically grill.

What he said only I like to pull mine in the 120 degree range. Me like caveman style.:tongue:

Back