Brinkman Vertical Smoker

D

drewc

Well, I just bought my first Vertical Smoker. I was walking through Wal-mart to see if I could find any Weber Grills on sale since they were making room for Halloween stuff. I did not find a Weber but I did find a Brinkman Vert. Smoker usually 97.00 marked down to 37.00. I figured for Thirty Seven bucks I could not go wrong, and it was ANOTHER SMOKER!!!!! One cannot have to many smokers!!!

Does anyone have one and how do you like it???? Any input on the best things and ways to use it...........................or have I just wasted 37.00 dollars????

Did you pawn your camera to pay for the new smoker?

Is it the Box type charcoal model? Those are nice little smokers. Lot like a GOSM. For that price you did well. I need to see waht my local WM is selling. I'd like one of those.

Because you do not have enough?...

WSM, UDS(Q-Can), GOSM Gasser, 22.5 Kettle, Pre-Letter Stamping 18.5 Bar-B-Kettle, SJP, Caja China, Lil' Chief Smoker, Weber Genesis Silver B, Brinkmann S&P, Dutch Ovens, Lodge Sportsman, Handmade Back Yard Fire Pit

Because you do not have enough?...

WSM, UDS(Q-Can), GOSM Gasser, 22.5 Kettle, Pre-Letter Stamping 18.5 Bar-B-Kettle, SJP, Caja China, Lil' Chief Smoker, Weber Genesis Silver B, Brinkmann S&P, Dutch Ovens, Lodge Sportsman, Handmade Back Yard Fire Pit

Um yeah, pretty much.:-D

It's not your equipment, it's your skill that counts.
Great score!:mrgreen:

is it the single door or 2 door box smoker? i have both & like them both. i don't care for the way the rack holders are made for the 2 door but thats life-for the price. be sure to get you a grill basket for a firebasket otherwise you will never get a fire going.here's a pic to show you what i mean.just set it on the bowl that came w/ your smoker to catch the ashes & never let your waterpan go dry.
aimeefallpics018.jpg

a better pic
abts002.jpg

Everyone starts somewhere. My first smoker was a Brinkmann Smoke'N Grill electric. Made some good Q on it. BUT, you want to make some excellent Q, right?

First, if you can return it, run as fast as you can and do so. Then, build yourself an Ugly Drum Smoker (UDS).

If not, you will need to modify (mod) it to do anything worth while:
ECB Modifications
Smoker Modifications

OH WELL, it is more than 37 dollars on the web as well. No matter either way, I will do something with it. I THANK THOSE FOR THE CONSTRUCTIVE INFORMATION.

You should look at the posts by Deathamphetamine (for the record, long handles are a pain) and see what he has done. He has determined that despite everyone's naysaying, he is going to make it work. I think $37 is not a bad price, then again, I do not shop at Walmart unless I have no choice.

You need to do the mods which will help a lot. I have a Meco that is the same design (open bottom) and I turned out some mean ribs last week. Make sure to mod and vent the charcoal pan and vent the lid. Once you can control air flow then you're 99% done.

drew I recently posted a ECB mod thread and doing a 4 pork shoulder test as I type this. Before I modded it I could only get between three and 4 hours from it. As of right now I have been running for 9 hours 35 min and still have about a 1/4 of the charcoal left. It is also holding a better temp now that the lid is sealed. Did I mention it is freezing here, Literally it is 0 degrees..... Freezing! Check out the mods they really helped.

Thanks for the links. I am looking at them and studying them. I will have to post the before and after pictures. IT WILL WORK!!!! ONE WAY OR ANOTHER!!! LOL!

Everyone starts somewhere. My first smoker was a Brinkmann Smoke'N Grill electric. Made some good Q on it. BUT, you want to make some excellent Q, right?

First, if you can return it, run as fast as you can and do so. Then, build yourself an Ugly Drum Smoker (UDS).

If not, you will need to modify (mod) it to do anything worth while:
ECB Modifications
Smoker Modifications

LOL, this is the thing that all the guys (well most of them anyway) told me not to buy...Did I listen? Nooooooooo. I've had it 3 weeks used it once and gave up, decided to keep it as a little grill instead.

Back