BBQ Brethren Throwdown - "Peppers wrapped with Bacon"

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
This weeks category is...

[size=+2]"Peppers wrapped in Bacon"[/size]
bacon-poppers1.jpg

Photo courtesy of Royal Bacon Society Blog

These can be any kind of pepper, but must be wrapped in bacon. These do not necessarily have to be ABT's, although that is a very obvious method of wrapping peppers in bacon. Feel free to let your imagination run wild.

Here is the simple and unchanging list of rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown which we follow every week!

1) The item must be either Grilled or Smoked.
2) Entries must be cooked during the current throwdown week ( 4/27 - 5/3 ).
3) All pics (any number) must be submitted by 9pm Central on 5/4.
4) Only one picture from one dish will be used for voting, so please specify which one you want used, otherwise I will choose and my decision will be final.
5) If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to me via any other means will be ignored.

The voting will begin by Tuesday 5/5 after I submit the "Vote" thread and voting will close on Sunday 5/10. All votes will be public.

Next weeks category will be decided by the winner of the Steak throwdown, JD McGee!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Here is my entry

P1030630.jpg

Seared the Poblano Pepper; Made beans (beans, 1 cup brown sugar, 1/4 cup maple syrup, pork chunks, maple bacon) filled peppers; covered in freshly grated Tillamook Pepper Jack; wrapped in maple bacon; threw on grill over indirect heat for 1 hour)

Last edited:
bacon wrapped peppers

i got a few jalapenos and poblanos and stuffed them with
shredded gouda and cheddar cheese, red onion, garlic, smoked turkey breast, and morel mushroom pieces, wrapped in apple smoked bacon and smoked again with apple & cherry for 1.5 hours. yum :biggrin:

troutpeppers-027.jpg

troutpeppers-029.jpg

troutpeppers-031.jpg

use this one ^

troutpeppers-038.jpg

Dude I thought I had a chance this week, then I look and see Rick was the last post, first word that goes through my mind is just dang it... Oh well it was still fun to make my pepperman.:rolleyes:

Rick, those are absolutely awesome and they had to be as tasty as they look...Do you do anything besides cooking, preping and snapping pictures....LOL! Oh, that's right, you have some time to enjoy a beer a day;^)

Oops.....guess what I forgot to do this week?

Hopefully cook Thirdeye! :) But seriously, you awesome motherquers! I am still awaiting the invite!

3499657038_dd73eb1651_b.jpg

Here are mine. I went Soutwest and did some long greens and a couple of japs.

Back